Burton Bridge
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ColinDent)
Sounds about right to me, then spout on about democracy
I find it absolutely abhorrent Colin.

Also something else that grates on me is this assumption that I'm somehow a right wing voter or even worst far right simply because I believe in Britian and think leaving the EU long term could be a good thing. These closed mined assumptions are totally incorrect, possibly made up by bigoted inflexible opinions. Not everyone whom voted out votes Tory, is right wing, is stupid, is racist, is short slighted, etc.

I can see both sides of the debate, I can perfectly understand why people may wish to remain, I can understand that far more than why people think Margaret Thatcher is a hero in actual fact.

Remainers pull your heads together and unite as british people and tell our politicians to work for us not against us, positive actions gain positive outcomes
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Before anyone says it, I'm more than aware all remainers are not Labour voters, left wing, Liberal, trade unionists, highly educated, multicultural loving, etc.

There are prejudiced people whom voted remain and there are prejudiced people whom voted leave. There is a huge mixing pot of people whom think leaving the EU is for the best, accept it and move on.
Last edited by Burton Bridge; 3 weeks ago
nulli tertius
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Mister Fantastic)
So if we have a losers vote the option will be Remain and what *****y, cobbled together, pretend deal they all agree to put forward. Surely no deal must be on the ballot if they sanction another vote. If Grieve gets his way and they vote against no deal ever happening it kills the chances of another referendum. Surely they are not that brazen in their despicable plan.
A harder Brexit option than May's deal should be on the ballot but it isn't clear that all the Brexiteers will sign up for any given version of a harder Brexit. If you listen carefully, most of the leading Brexiteers are not calling for No Deal whilst allowing their supporters to think they are.

For No Deal to be on the ballot, there really can't be a significant group of Brexiteers supporting neither No Deal nor May's deal.
ColinDent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by nulli tertius)
A harder Brexit option than May's deal should be on the ballot but it isn't clear that all the Brexiteers will sign up for any given version of a harder Brexit. If you listen carefully, most of the leading Brexiteers are not calling for No Deal whilst allowing their supporters to think they are.

For No Deal to be on the ballot, there really can't be a significant group of Brexiteers supporting neither No Deal nor May's deal.
However it does need to be a possibility, for negotiating purposes
LouisTCC
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
Brilliant! So because our elected politicians have not tried to implement what we asked for. The minority conspire a fictional story that people have changed their minds and therefore must have a say, however they actually know that they are talking complete politically motivated rubbish and nothing of the sort has happened. Therefore to overthrow democracy the majority must be split to give the minority the advantage.

That about summed up this 'people's' vote. We don't need another vote, it will solve nothing and if we were to have one it should be a simple - deal on table or no deal. Nothing else would help the country only add furher damage
What about remaining in the EU, that would help the country?
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by LouisTCC)
What about remaining in the EU, that would help the country?
No
LouisTCC
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
No
Why not?
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Too many reasons to list however

1) because it would greatly damage democracy in the country.

2) I don't believe the EU would allow us to stay on the same terms as we had before

3) even if they did the European model is quite badly broken, this is why the majority of people voted to leave.

I did post a topic up discussing what would happen if we remained in the EU. However the student room decided to remove it for no apparent reason?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (49)
9.37%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.68%
No, but I want to start (188)
35.95%
No, I am unable to (122)
23.33%
No, I chose not to (150)
28.68%