Can I Take thé AS and A2 chemistry all in the same year? Watch

Alexande_0
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I am self teaching A level chemistry, I passed with a C grade in 2015, but need a higher grade for some university courses.
I was wondering if I could take these in one year or if I’d have to do AS first, then A2 another year.
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Alexande_0)
I am self teaching A level chemistry, I passed with a C grade in 2015, but need a higher grade for some university courses.
I was wondering if I could take these in one year or if I’d have to do AS first, then A2 another year.
If you are a uk student then you can just take the full A level exams. No need to take AS. But you need to work out what to do about practicals.

If you are doing international A level then you can take AS and A2 exams in the same year if you want and could probably just resit any units you want to improve.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Alexande_0
Rep:
?
(Original post by gdunne42)
If you are a uk student then you can just take the full A level exams. No need to take AS. But you need to work out what to do about practicals.

If you are doing international A level then you can take AS and A2 exams in the same year if you want and could probably just resit any units you want to improve.
I am a U.K. student. I have found somewhere to do the practicals also. But what do you mean by full a level? I did a levels 4 years ago and I believe everything has now changed, are AS and A2 exams not taken separately anymore? What do you mean by full a level! Thanks for the response btw!!!
gdunne42
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I am a U.K. student. I have found somewhere to do the practicals also. But what do you mean by full a level? I did a levels 4 years ago and I believe everything has now changed, are AS and A2 exams not taken separately anymore? What do you mean by full a level! Thanks for the response btw!!!
There is no such thing as A2 anymore. You will enter for the whole A level covering the full 2 years of content and do not need to take any AS exams.
Alexande_0
Rep:
?
There is no such thing as A2 anymore. You will enter for the whole A level covering the full 2 years of content and do not need to take any AS exams.
Christ, so do students still do 2 years of sixth form, but take all the exams at the end of the two years?
gdunne42
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Christ, so do students still do 2 years of sixth form, but take all the exams at the end of the two years?
Yes, that's exactly what they now do.
Alisha999
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Lol Chemistry is so hard!!!

If you want no social life and be feeling on edge by the end of it, then go for it😂😂
Alexande_0
Rep:
?
(Original post by Alisha999)
Lol Chemistry is so hard!!!

If you want no social life and be feeling on edge by the end of it, then go for it😂😂
Haha I’m hoping my previous experience helps, but yeah I’m expecting no social life up until 2020
Alexande_0
Rep:
?
Yes, that's exactly what they now do.
Thanks!!!!
Alisha999
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Haha I’m hoping my previous experience helps, but yeah I’m expecting no social life up until 2020
Lol but it all honesty if you work very hard and keep on top there's no doubt you'll do well!

I believe nothing comes easy but if you put your heart and soul into something, nothing is impossible!

Got for it! I wish you all the very best
Alexande_0
Rep:
?
(Original post by Alisha999)
Lol but it all honesty if you work very hard and keep on top there's no doubt you'll do well!

I believe nothing comes easy but if you put your heart and soul into something, nothing is impossible!

Got for it! I wish you all the very best
Thank you so much!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (52)
12.97%
Yes - a food allergy (43)
10.72%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (11)
2.74%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
2.24%
No (286)
71.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed