The transfer during a year Watch

Martynka2019
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi guys,
I just would like to ask if it is possible to transfer to another (similar) course at another university during the first year.
My uni has started my current course in January but I wanna transfer to another uni which starts this course in September... so I will finish first year on my uni in October (at least one month too late)
I have no idea how to figure out this and I really care about this transfer.
Btw I’m from Poland and this will be my first year at uni (not foundation year) - I just tell it coz maybe it makes some difference

Please advise.. Maybe someone knows what can I do to make this transfer happen

Thank you for help
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Martynka2019)
Hi guys,
I just would like to ask if it is possible to transfer to another (similar) course at another university during the first year.
My uni has started my current course in January but I wanna transfer to another uni which starts this course in September... so I will finish first year on my uni in October (at least one month too late)
I have no idea how to figure out this and I really care about this transfer.
Btw I’m from Poland and this will be my first year at uni (not foundation year) - I just tell it coz maybe it makes some difference

Please advise.. Maybe someone knows what can I do to make this transfer happen

Thank you for help
The vast majority of courses in the UK are from September to June/ July.

Transfers between unis and courses are difficult. If you wanted September then you should have applied fro September and leave your current course now.

If you expect to go into September year 2 then its problematic and you would need to ring around and ask a uni to take you.

They would look at your grades.
Which uni.
Reference.
How compatible your curse was.

If you really wanted an accelerated course then you should have applied for a condensed degree which takes two years. I just feel you have made a poor choice starting in jan and should have gone for September intake. Go and talk to careers at your uni.
SJW-
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
The vast majority of courses in the UK are from September to June/ July.

Transfers between unis and courses are difficult. If you wanted September then you should have applied fro September and leave your current course now.

If you expect to go into September year 2 then its problematic and you would need to ring around and ask a uni to take you.

They would look at your grades.
Which uni.
Reference.
How compatible your curse was.

If you really wanted an accelerated course then you should have applied for a condensed degree which takes two years. I just feel you have made a poor choice starting in jan and should have gone for September intake. Go and talk to careers at your uni.
999tigger is always on it. i feel like u have alot of cats . do u have alot of cats
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by SJW-)
999tigger is always on it. i feel like u have alot of cats . do u have alot of cats
Who do you think tells me what to type?

For this one is unusual you would do a Jan start as I much prefer Sept, why they want to move so early on and what they are intending to achieve. Sept start with nearly everyone sense makes so much more sense. ;leaving before incurring fees would be the smart move.
Last edited by 999tigger; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (7)
11.29%
Yes - a food allergy (5)
8.06%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (3)
4.84%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (4)
6.45%
No (43)
69.35%

Watched Threads