The Student Room Group

How screwed am I?

In year 13
Just found out I have 3 a-level exams in one day, each of my subjects once (Politics, Geography and Biology). They all total up to over 7 hours worth of exams in one day. My friend told me he got like an extra 10% added on to his igcse english and geography grade because he had 7h 30mins of exams that day. Please tell me there is something similar for A-levels even if the percentage is considerably less. My heart can't take this!
Completely buggered
I'm in year 12, and i don't know the answer to your question, but i'm keeping my fingers crossed for you dude
Original post by TheActionAdam
In year 13
Just found out I have 3 a-level exams in one day, each of my subjects once (Politics, Geography and Biology). They all total up to over 7 hours worth of exams in one day. My friend told me he got like an extra 10% added on to his igcse english and geography grade because he had 7h 30mins of exams that day. Please tell me there is something similar for A-levels even if the percentage is considerably less. My heart can't take this!

Are you in the UK or abroad? Speak to your exam officer. If in the UK then you can apply for special consideration and you will get a small uplift on your exam. I believe it is 2% fir over 6 hours of scheduled exams on the same day for three subjects or more.

Rather than be a headless chicken , just prepare for it. Its common to have 6 hours so you just need to last 1.5 hours longer. Practice will help you get there. Your friend will not have got 10%.

Quick Reply

Latest