The Student Room Group

Is a C in English good enough for law?

Hi, I want to do law however I got a C (5) in English. I also got 5A* 3A and 2B. Will this affect my application to law schools that allow a C e.g Nottingham and Exeter, or once I surpass the minimum entry requirements will they not be bothered.

Any Replies would be most appreciated thanks.
as long as you meet the gcse requirements it'll be fine, as long as your a levels are good.
Reply 2
Thanks, do they look at English and History more so than your other GCSE’s? Or do they just look at all of them equally
Original post by SC7888
Thanks, do they look at English and History more so than your other GCSE’s? Or do they just look at all of them equally

I’m sure all equally, I don’t know why’d particularly discriminate against those two.
Original post by SC7888

They will look closely at English only to check that you have the C (or higher in some cases) that they require.

What are your A level subjects and predictions? (if you don't mind saying)
Reply 5
Triple Science - AAA predicted
I thought that too, so are you basically saying they dont mind as long as you get the C
Original post by SC7888
Triple Science - AAA predicted
I thought that too, so are you basically saying they dont mind as long as you get the C

Yes, that's what I'm saying.

If Exeter and Nottingham state that they accept a C, you can believe them.
Reply 7
Cheers, is Nottingham quite competitive?
Original post by SC7888
Cheers, is Nottingham quite competitive?

I mean it’s a well regarded law university

Quick Reply

Latest