History HL Watch

This discussion is closed.
Venus
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Was paper 3 not a *****? Where was the question on Hitler or single-party states? And how come most
of the 20th century questions were on events after 1950?

My school is kind of retarded. History is taught mostly from 1900 to 1960, and students have always
done well. They answer a cold war or russian revolution question on paper 1, a single-party state
and ww2 question on paper 2, and write on hitler, russian revolution and world war 1 or 2 for paper
3. Guess they'll have to review their curriculum.
Peacelvevb
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
<<Where was the question on Hitler or single-party states?>>

Paper 3 is history of the Americas. Or at least, MY paper was that.

<<And how come most of the 20th century questions were on events after 1950?>>

You and I must have had different papers... mine was evenly distributed among the 20th centuries.
Two of the essays I chose were before WWII.
Brandon Kraft
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
[q1]> <<Where was the question on Hitler or single-party states?>>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Paper 3 is history of the Americas. Or at least, MY paper was that.[/q1]

Paper 3 is the regional studies paper (subjects 310-315). The History of the Americas Paper 3 (Subj
312) is different than the paper 3 of History of East Asia or History of Africa, etc (I dont'
remember the exact regions...there are 5, I think they are Americas, E. Asia, W. Asia, Europe and
Africa.... the Asias might be one and there might be an Oceania one but I really don't know).

(Interesting sidenote: During the last 15 minutes of the exams (after I was done yet unable to
leave), I just picked over the "IB code" at the top of the pages, e.g. "M02/420/S(1)". In order of
division "M02" means May 2002. N00 would be November 2000, etc. "420" is the subject. The first
digit represents the group (in that case, group 4 (the sciences) and then the subject number, 20
which is chemistry. 312 is group 3 (social studies), 12 is History of Americas (notice paper 1 and 2
had 310-315 listed since they were the same no matter what region the student studied). The "S(1)"
means standard level paper 1. "H(2)" would be HL paper 2, "SH(1)" or "HS(1)" (don't remember the
order of the H and S) would mean paper 1 for both HL and SL.....I just found that interesting and
fun to play with).

Brandon First IB Class from Wichita Falls, TX!

[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> <<And how come most of the 20th century questions were on events after[/q1]
1950?>>
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> You and I must have had different papers... mine was evenly distributed[/q1]
among
[q1]> the 20th centuries. Two of the essays I chose were before WWII.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
Robbo
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
in article [email protected], PeaceLveVB at [email protected] wrote on
16/5/02 5:28 AM:

[q1]> <<Where was the question on Hitler or single-party states?>>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Paper 3 is history of the Americas. Or at least, MY paper was that.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> <<And how come most of the 20th century questions were on events after 1950?>>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> You and I must have had different papers... mine was evenly distributed among the 20th centuries.[/q1]
[q1]> Two of the essays I chose were before WWII.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
There are different subjects for HL History. If you do SL History, it is simply called that. If you
do HL you have to specify a region, so all papers are different/
Hang Hang Zhang
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
[q1]> (Interesting sidenote: During the last 15 minutes of the exams (after I was done yet unable to[/q1]
[q1]> leave), I just picked over the "IB code" at the top of the pages, e.g. "M02/420/S(1)". In order of[/q1]
[q1]> division "M02" means May 2002. N00 would be November 2000, etc. "420" is the subject. The first[/q1]
[q1]> digit represents the group (in that case, group 4 (the sciences) and then the subject number, 20[/q1]
[q1]> which is chemistry. 312 is group 3 (social studies), 12 is History of Americas (notice paper 1 and[/q1]
[q1]> 2 had 310-315 listed since they were the same no matter what region the student studied). The[/q1]
[q1]> "S(1)" means standard level paper 1. "H(2)" would be HL paper 2, "SH(1)" or "HS(1)" (don't[/q1]
[q1]> remember the order of the H and S) would mean paper 1 for both HL and SL.....I just found that[/q1]
[q1]> interesting and fun to play with).[/q1]

Ah, I remember in Ye old days of M00 ( ) they had on the HL english paper, "Turn page over" in
English, Spanish and French. That caused quit a chuckle. Sadly, they took it out of the N00's and it
was just a single english one. Think of all the french and spanish speakers who are now stuck on the
first page of their HL english exams because they found no instruction to turn the page!
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (72)
17.65%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (259)
63.48%
Not yet but I am planning to (20)
4.9%
Not yet but I might (57)
13.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise