The Student Room Group

Am i too short for a boy?

Im 5 foot 3 and 15. My dad is 5 foot and my mum 5 foot 8 the doctors said ill grow up till im 21 but im almost inbetween my parents height and i feel theres so much that im being held back for because of my height like my career as if i wanted persue some sports i wouldnt be tall enough and then i can be called for my height in school and have been told by girls that im too short for them.
I’ll answer in two half.
1. Your height and girls
Girls don’t care about height if they truly like you. It’s cliche but it’s true! I know people who have dated girls taller than them and nobody had thought anything of it. On the other hand you may even find a girl shorter than you if this is what you want! You still have time to grow if that’s what you’re really focusing on but at the end of the day you have no control over it so personally I would try to accept it.

2. Your height and sports
Surely this won’t fully effect your sporting ability. I know many short people also who are amazing at sports (for example gymnastics, idk if this is your thing) talk to your or teachers maybe or if there’s someone you know as I’m sure they will convince you otherwise. Do some research also, I bet there are many sports tailored for shorter people.
5ft 3 is short for a boy your age. Most boys should be hitting their puberty around 14-18 so you still have time. Are there any sign that you're starting your puperty yet? e.g. deepening in voice, increase in hair, more sweat thus more spots...etc. And avaerage man is around 5ft 10 up to 6.1ft
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
Height is mostly just made out to be a huge deal online. I'd like to think most people who are worth your time don't care too much in person.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I’ll answer in two half.
1. Your height and girls
Girls don’t care about height if they truly like you. It’s cliche but it’s true! I know people who have dated girls taller than them and nobody had thought anything of it. On the other hand you may even find a girl shorter than you if this is what you want! You still have time to grow if that’s what you’re really focusing on but at the end of the day you have no control over it so personally I would try to accept it.

2. Your height and sports
Surely this won’t fully effect your sporting ability. I know many short people also who are amazing at sports (for example gymnastics, idk if this is your thing) talk to your or teachers maybe or if there’s someone you know as I’m sure they will convince you otherwise. Do some research also, I bet there are many sports tailored for shorter people.

For sports, i play rugby so its quite a physical game and at my age everyone seems to be a lot taller than me and the smallest professional is still 3 or 4 inches taller than me and i feel thats a lot to grow
Reply 5
Original post by ddsizebra
5ft 3 is short for a boy your age. Most boys should be hitting their puberty around 14-18 so you still have time. Are there any sign that you're starting your puperty yet? e.g. deepening in voice, increase in hair, more sweat thus more spots...etc. And avaerage man is around 5ft 10 up to 6.1ft

I started puberty really early when i was about 9 or 10 so i feel like im closer to the end of puberty than the begining because although im small i have everything that a boy who has finished puberty has including things like a beard thsr i have shave regularry abour once a week
Don't treat it like a crutch and blame every misfortune on your height. Rise above it, if you'll pardon the pun.
Yes, you are short.
sorry to burst your bubble but napoleon was 5 foot 7 and that was average for the time he was alive the fact people think hes short is because of units not being converted and a rumour the british created
At that age you're fine, growth is versatile, you can be growing into your twenties sometimes so it's not something to worry about. Younger bro is only just taller than you, at 14 so don't worry about it, very normal for your age
Reply 10
ME brother is 12 and is 4'8 while im younger then him but still 12 and I am 5'6
No you haven't stopped growing yet. Give it few years.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending