The Student Room Group

When should I become official with a girl?

I’ve been seeing a girl on and off since October but over the last month we’ve gotten much closer. We’ve met each other’s parents, and we’ve both stayed at each other’s homes and slept in the same bed. We haven’t had sex yet, but the last time we slept together it was really intense kissing/foreplay, I said to her did she wanna go further and she replied “whatever it’s up to you”...but I left protection in car and I didn’t wanna risk getting caught by parents also...but I’ll be more prepared the next time

My question is when am I supposed to consider it “official”? I’ve never been in a serious relationship before so stuff like meeting parents etc never happened...or how should I bring up the topic? Or should I just let it happen and see where it goes?
You've met each other's parents and slept together. What part of that doesn't seem official to you? Meeting the parents is a huge thing. I had been with my boyfriend (official!) for about 4 months before I met his, and he didn't meet mine much sooner to be honest.
Reply 2
There's no fixed time frame. If you feel you are ready to have a more serious relationship than you are having now, then you go for it.
Reply 3
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
You've met each other's parents and slept together. What part of that doesn't seem official to you? Meeting the parents is a huge thing. I had been with my boyfriend (official!) for about 4 months before I met his, and he didn't meet mine much sooner to be honest.

I know it sounds official but dating is hard these days with all the “let’s be friends” relationships haha. Should I approach saying to her for clarity on both or parts, or is the way things are going enough? I honestly don’t know.
I think from what you've described you would be considered to be in an official relationhip. Assuming that is what you both want (and it seems like you both do) why don't you just bring it up and ask her to be 'official'. IF, however, this is NOT what you want then you need to be clear with her at this point so she doesn't have misconception. But, why make it ambiguous just ask her to make it official and move forward that way neither of is left wondering. If you know her well enough to have met both sets of parents and shared bed in each others homes then you should be open enough with each other to have the conversation.
Best of luck!
Reply 5
Well I was gonna leave it until this weekend until we met but she seems a bit off to talk to? Is there anything I can do as I’ve never been in this position before
Reply 6
When you feel loved up and have done the business

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending