It's Blue Monday! Watch

Analyst89
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Today is Blue Monday!

Which is meant to be the most depressing day of the calendar. Some of us are facing grim weather, waking up to the cold, being less excited after the Christmas buzz. As the days get darker, you may still be waking up weary eyed and a lack of energy.

How are you all been gearing up to this? Any plans, strategies?

I read somewhere that cosy club Manchester is giving away a free cuppa tea!

Maybe play out some inspiring music in the morning. See the positives, see the positives of your workplace and have fun! Perhaps hit the gym, eat healthy, read a book that you find interesting, speak to someone if you are feeling low. Give a smile to someone if you see them glum 😊. Have things to look forward to!
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I always find the period after Christmas and before the weather warms up a bit depressing. You can put up with cold and dark at Christmas because there's lights, and you're distracted with everything else you need to do. Afterwards it's just like "oh, right" and there's no distraction at all. Only the debt and mess and excess weight from Christmas, none of which make you feel particularly great!
Deyesy
  • Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I definitely struggle more with my mental health in the winter than the summer. I miss the longer days and the warmer weather. I'm going to focus on doing the things I do enjoy which is TSR and gaming
DrawTheLine
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I put on my headphones and play my favourite playlist probably too loud and it helps me get motivated to get through some of my uni work.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
SoftGingerCat
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I didn't even realise it was blue monday! Probably just gonna do revision all night
StrawberryDreams
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm going to go for a run this evening (exercise always helps with boosting my mental health back up, even if I complain no end beforehand ), then snuggle up with a bowl of pasta, garlic bread and a funny TV show
StormyOcean
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Join the Samaritans and celebrate brew monday! Have a cuppa and a chat with a friend
04MR17
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I actually had a really efficient and quite fun blue Monday.

We'll see how long thia lasts though.

Spoiler:
Show

"as they days get darker"

As of 21st December the days get longer/brighter.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ah only just seen this thread I was in bed most of Blue Monday tbh :erm: Though I didn't realise it was Blue Monday until about 6pm when I saw a friend post about it on Facebook
candokoala
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
I actually had a really efficient and quite fun blue Monday.

We'll see how long thia lasts though.

Spoiler:
Show

"as they days get darker"

As of 21st December the days get longer/brighter.
If that's not something to be happy about, I don't know what is! I wrote a round-up of the TSR community's best advice for instantly improving your mental health - go read!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (66)
8.04%
I used to but I don't now (23)
2.8%
No, but I want to start (303)
36.91%
No, I am unable to (203)
24.73%
No, I chose not to (226)
27.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise