My Lecturer Told Me She Won't Accept My Late Submission Assignment. Watch

princess pokey
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm currently studying my masters degree and I have ADHD and I sometimes need extra time for my work.
I was diagnosed nearly two years ago and started to take medication to help me focus, get organised, control my impulsivities and get everything on the go.
In the previous semester, I had bad insomnia due to disturbances from students who live in my building. Insomnia lessened the effects of my ADHD medications. So I did have trouble focusing and I spent my money unnecessarily due to impulsivities. The medication regained its effects within 4-6 weeks. I requested a one-week extension on my assignments. I managed to submit two of my essays four days ago before the deadline. I wanted extra time on one of my essay and it was too late to request for another extension. So I didn't submit it on the deadline date and I sent an email to my lecturer asking for extra time and if she can accept my late submission assignment. My lecturer said she is unable to do it.
Who should I see to explain my situation and avoid getting a fail mark for the non submission assignment?
DarkChaoz95
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Perhaps the module leader, if not, talk to the the course programme tutor. But keep in mind they may not change the fail mark because they would ask why you havent submitted it sooner or at least what you did so far.
Last edited by DarkChaoz95; 3 weeks ago
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You already made a thread with a lot of good replies, there was no need to make a new one because the replies will be the same.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
DrawTheLine
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by princess pokey)
I'm currently studying my masters degree and I have ADHD and I sometimes need extra time for my work.
I was diagnosed nearly two years ago and started to take medication to help me focus, get organised, control my impulsivities and get everything on the go.
In the previous semester, I had bad insomnia due to disturbances from students who live in my building. Insomnia lessened the effects of my ADHD medications. So I did have trouble focusing and I spent my money unnecessarily due to impulsivities. The medication regained its effects within 4-6 weeks. I requested a one-week extension on my assignments. I managed to submit two of my essays four days ago before the deadline. I wanted extra time on one of my essay and it was too late to request for another extension. So I didn't submit it on the deadline date and I sent an email to my lecturer asking for extra time and if she can accept my late submission assignment. My lecturer said she is unable to do it.
Who should I see to explain my situation and avoid getting a fail mark for the non submission assignment?
See your other thread for advice you've been given. Please don't make dupe threads in the future, thanks.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Wolverhampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (66)
8.04%
I used to but I don't now (23)
2.8%
No, but I want to start (303)
36.91%