Ancestry online database Watch

TheYearNiner
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Is it worth it for me to pay for the ancestry database for my surname considering im 100% African and have no other race in me? (Atm😜)
My friends said it wont work because ancestry.com is mainly for people outside of Africa or if their surname sounds European.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It'll cost you a fortune because you have to pay extra for records outside the UK and Ireland, and I don't think there is much on there for Africa generally speaking. Have a look on the free account. It'll give you an idea of what you can get, but won't let you see details.
TheYearNiner
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by gjd800)
It'll cost you a fortune because you have to pay extra for records outside the UK and Ireland, and I don't think there is much on there for Africa generally speaking. Have a look on the free account. It'll give you an idea of what you can get, but won't let you see details.
Yeah its shite for me because it doesn't have any information about my grandparents even though one of them used to be in the military and came to sandhurst for **** sake it's stupis
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by TheYearNiner)
Yeah its shite for me because it doesn't have any information about my grandparents even though one of them used to be in the military and came to sandhurst for **** sake it's stupis
That's a bummer. It's been ok for me but hit a dead end in Ireland for both sides now (all but inevitable, I suspect a mix of the '22 fire snd atrocious record keeping in the first place). I need to do outside digging about to see what I can find. Not sure the site will be of much use to me going forward.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (7)
11.29%
Yes - a food allergy (5)
8.06%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (3)
4.84%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (4)
6.45%
No (43)
69.35%

Watched Threads