Scared about Uni Watch

pcdrowyso
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi! I’m planning on going to uni in September and I’m feeling a little anxious about leaving home. What if I don’t make friends and what if I can’t afford things etc. Anyone have any advice or just words of wisdom? If you’ve been to/are in uni, we’re you scared at first?
Anonymous12311
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by pcdrowyso)
Hi! I’m planning on going to uni in September and I’m feeling a little anxious about leaving home. What if I don’t make friends and what if I can’t afford things etc. Anyone have any advice or just words of wisdom? If you’ve been to/are in uni, we’re you scared at first?
Hey 👋🏽 That’s great that your deciding to go to uni! What course are you going to do? About friends, do not worry you’ll make friends with people on your course and your halls. Everyone does 😊 If your worried about leaving home, is there any way to commute to uni from home? You can always visit home on the weekends or holidays! There is student finance at uni you can ask one of your advisors and also there are apps like UNI DAYS to get discounts on a wide range of stores!

Once your at uni, just be sure to stay on top of your work, revise efficiently and also have a work and life balance. Make sure that the course is what you want to do! Uni is an experience so enjoy it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (7)
11.29%
Yes - a food allergy (5)
8.06%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (3)
4.84%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (4)
6.45%
No (43)
69.35%

Watched Threads