I don’t know what to I want to do in the future Watch

evelynelyse
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I’m in year 10, doing my mock exams and teachers always ask me what I want to do when I’m older. I don’t know what to want to do.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Cheeky_nandos
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Figure out your interests and strengths and work from there. You shouldn’t worry about it too much but maybe figure out which industry you want to work in, you don’t need to think of anything specific right now lol.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
National Careers Service
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by evelynelyse)
I’m in year 10, doing my mock exams and teachers always ask me what I want to do when I’m older. I don’t know what to want to do.
Hi there,

Hoping I can offer some help here!

Firstly, try not to worry too much it's actually very normal to feel unsure about your future career in year 10. The core subjects that you will do at GCSE will keep most future career options open to you.

The first thing that you could try is taking our Skills Health Check test. This asks you a range of questions about what your interests are, what you want from a job, what skills you feel you have and based upon the answers that you give it will generate a unique report for you which will show you job sectors that you are suited to. You can give the test a go here - https://nationalcareersservice.direc...lth-check/home

After this you can then use the 'Explore Careers' section of our website to look at different careers in more depth. You can find out things like; how much you will earn, what qualifications you will need, what you would do on a day to day basis and much more - https://nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/

You can also chat with us live through our website or you can ask us questions on TSR at any time.

Making a decision about your career can be difficult but more often than not the more research you do into the careers the more likely it is that you will make a decision based upon what's right for you.

I hope this helps.

Thanks - Sophie.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (38)
10.03%
I used to but I don't now (12)
3.17%
No, but I want to start (136)
35.88%
No, I am unable to (86)
22.69%
No, I chose not to (107)
28.23%