I changed a choice in UCAS after the deadline I'm that stupid Watch

laiagc
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So basically it's what the title says lol.
I sent my application the 14th but then I really wanted to change one of the choices and yesterday I did it.
Before that I emailed the uni but they take so long to answer that I was afraid I was going to miss the 7 days change.
I had 5 applications to 5 different unis and I changed an uni for another one, I already have applied for, so now I have 2 applications to the same uni, and the other 3 stay the same. (all courses are related obviously)
I know I could have changed just the course I already applied for but I didn't want to because I like it and I already had that application sent before the deadline, so I didn't want to lose it.

I know I changed it within the 7 days but it was days AFTER the deadline so... they aren't going to consider my new choice, right?
UCAS sent me yesterday an email of Welcome with the change I made... i don't know if that should mean something good or...
Last edited by laiagc; 1 year ago
swanseajack1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
As long as the course is available for late applications there is no problem. If the course is closed you will be rejected.
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by laiagc)
So basically it's what the title says lol.
I sent my application the 14th but then I really wanted to change one of the choices and yesterday I did it.
Before that I emailed the uni but they take so long to answer that I was afraid I was going to miss the 7 days change.
I had 5 applications to 5 different unis and I changed an uni for another one, I already have applied for, so now I have 2 applications to the same uni, and the other 3 stay the same. (all courses are related obviously)
I know I could have changed just the course I already applied for but I didn't want to because I like it and I already had that application sent before the deadline, so I didn't want to lose it.

I know I changed it within the 7 days but it was days AFTER the deadline so... they aren't going to consider my new choice, right?
UCAS sent me yesterday an email of Welcome with the change I made... i don't know if that should mean something good or...
Hi Jack,

I'm not quite sure about if this will affect the application. I would recommend contacting UCAS directly to check as they will be able to advise on this and talk you through any other concerns.

Here are the UCAS contact details.

Best,

Patrick :lep:
swanseajack1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Liverpool Hope University)
Hi Jack,

I'm not quite sure about if this will affect the application. I would recommend contacting UCAS directly to check as they will be able to advise on this and talk you through any other concerns.

Here are the UCAS contact details.

Best,

Patrick :lep:
It will only affect the 1 subject and as I stated earlier will depend on whether the course is full or not. PQ who is involved in university admissions has posted this on another thread
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5769608
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For what it's worth - you have 14 days after applying to substitute choices (not 7) - you just have to call UCAS to make the change in the second week.
laiagc
Rep:
?
(Original post by swanseajack1)
It will only affect the 1 subject and as I stated earlier will depend on whether the course is full or not. PQ who is involved in university admissions has posted this on another thread
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5769608
Yes! I contacted UCAS and they told me that it's only the choice that I changed that is seen as late application, the other unis will see that I applied by the deadline.

Thank you for your answer!
Last edited by laiagc; 1 year ago
laiagc
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
For what it's worth - you have 14 days after applying to substitute choices (not 7) - you just have to call UCAS to make the change in the second week.
That's what I read in UCAS but I wasn't sure because I've read that if you wanna change a choice you have 14 days but if it's a uni it's only 7 days (?) or a general change is 7 days, i don't know but I 've seen that in some web pages and people saying it so I didn't want to risk it lol thanks anyway!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by laiagc)
That's what I read in UCAS but I wasn't sure because I've read that if you wanna change a choice you have 14 days but if it's a uni it's only 7 days (?) or a general change is 7 days, i don't know but I 've seen that in some web pages and people saying it so I didn't want to risk it lol thanks anyway!
It's 14 days but it used to be 7 and UCAS haven't fixed Track to reflect that (and Track doesn't allow substitutions if an application has been made an offer/rejected - even though that's allowed within the 14 day window). That's why they just make people ring up.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (94)
50%
No (94)
50%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise