The Student Room Group

British Council Language Teaching Assistantship 2019/20

Anyone else applying / thinking of applying?
The deadline for applications hasn't passed yet so it's not too late! (Feb 15 I think)

I've applied for Italy and Spain.
Hi!

I'm currently finishing my application for Spain. I've just graduated and want an opportunity to live and work in Spain so I can improve my Spanish skills (very limited currently). Unlike most of the other countries available, Spain doesn't required any Spanish skills.

Where have you applied for in Italy and Spain?

I'm struggling with how to answer this: "Demonstrate your knowledge and understanding of your first choice country and its culture." Do you have any thoughts?

I haven't spent much time in Spain which is part of the reason why I want to go! Currently I've written about the vaste and varied landscape and that I know not all regions of Spain have Spanish are their Primary language (which is why I've only applied to regions with Spanish as their primary language).

Good luck with your application!
I sent off my application a few weeks ago so I can't remember what regions I put down... the way it's split up is really strange as you know so it's hard to recall. It might have been northern Spain and northern Italy.

As for that question I wouldn't worry about it too much, it's just to check that you've done a bit of research. There are many places available in Spain so you will normally get a place quite easily
Reply 3
I've applied for Spain! I know we're supposed to hear back by 30th April but I'm so so nervous I've been checking the portal every day haha :P
Reply 4
I've also applied for Italy and Spain. I didn't receive an e-mail other than the acknowledgement of them receiving my application. However, on the portal it already says that I have been shortlisted so maybe you'll find out before 30th April too :smile:
Reply 5
Just a heads-up to all of you applying for BC assistantships to keep a very close eye on your spam/junk mail folders as there have been several occasions in past years when applicants reported not seeing important e-mails because they had gone into these folders.
The e-mail telling you it's time to apply for your child protection certificate, in particular, comes from a different e-mail address to the admin one and may cause your accounts' defensive structures to throw it out. This happened to my daughter and several other people who applied the same year she did.

Good luck to all of you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending