Life Hacks Watch

Maven Writers
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
In your opinion, what is the most valuable life skill that can be mastered in under an hour, yet prove useful forever?
Or, what is the one skill whose usefulness exponentially exceeds the time and effort put in acquiring it?
CheeseIsVeg
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Maven Writers)
In your opinion, what is the most valuable life skill that can be mastered in under an hour, yet prove useful forever?
Or, what is the one skill whose usefulness exponentially exceeds the time and effort put in acquiring it?
ooh ooh nice thread idea
um well I can't really think of many actual "life hacks"
but uh maybe learning to type
or write
or tie your shoelaces
or I don't know

:bump: Sorry I'm so bad at this
Pachuco
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Learning how to do matched betting?
One12
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Don’t take life to seriously as in the end we will just die and regret the worries and things we could have done.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
monkeyman0121
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Learning how to relax is a great one.
ecolier
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Posting on TSR
Also posting on TSR
Acsel
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
IMO realising that life hacks are a load of rubbish.

There are plenty of useful skills you can learn fairly quickly. Tying your shoes. Tying a tie. Learning to iron clothes. Etc. These are skills but they're hardly life hacks. Realistically speaking, most skills that can be learned in an hour are worth it if you're going to use them with any regularity. But it's also true that many of the important skills will take more than an hour to learn. Some may take years to master.

Life hacks generally relate to a way of hacking your life to make something easier, or get around a problem. But in many cases they detract from the actual issue at hand. It's also very easy to get stuck into the life hack mentality, when in reality just getting on and doing the work would have solved the problem at hand. A very TSR example is someone who spend hours searching for a way to "life hack" their revision. If they had just got on and revised, the problem would be solved.

As you are now, you are a culmination of all the important (and unimportant) things in your life. You will continue to grow in that manner; today as a whole makes you more of a person than you were yesterday. Trying to find 1 hour life hacks pales in comparison to the thousands of hours you've been alive already. And in many cases, the 1 hour you spend on some life hack is meaningless when compared to the half a million hours left in your life.

Rather than looking for 1 hour life hacks, focus on things that actually have tangible value. The vast majority of things you'll read in clickbait articles about "the 27 greatest life hacks" are a waste of time. Spend less time hacking your life and more time living it.

Which I think perfectly highlights the thing that's most important. Your time is finite. Everything else, your money, your health, they can be controlled. But you'll never control the flow of time. So use it well because it's the most precious non-renewable resource you have.
Decahedron
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Name:  1405640700968.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  11.4 KB
barror1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Learning to bird call without your hands. Might not have much practical use but it is worth it to mess with peoples heads, especially indoors!
PTMalewski
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Can't think of any that are not learned during childhood period, except for edge-of-grip braking in no-ABS car, pulsative braking in no-ABS car, understeering control and oversteering control.
J-turn and handbrake-turn are also pretty easy to learn and can be useful as self-defense escape driving technique.

But there is one universal life-hack: learn.
https://youtu.be/mNDA-o9yJNw?t=4m44s
Last edited by PTMalewski; 3 weeks ago
TheTroll73
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Life hax:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

it's a really good hax
xoxAngel_Kxox
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
As a girl.. realising that one bottle of shampoo really can cover everything. Use it as bubble bath (a small amount), shower gel, and shampoo and you won't have to take loads of bottles away with you anymore.
Decahedron
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Name:  1430162689709.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  22.4 KB
SoulfulTwist
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
As a girl.. realising that one bottle of shampoo really can cover everything. Use it as bubble bath (a small amount), shower gel, and shampoo and you won't have to take loads of bottles away with you anymore.
Bubble bath and shower gel? Is this a particular shampoo you use or general for all shampoos. I cannot imagine using shampoo on my body.
Hammad(214508)
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Learn to learn it's very important!!!
For students: study to learn stuff , don't just study for grades or whatever
ThomH97
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Touch typing, and keyboard shortcuts.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (53)
9.25%
I used to but I don't now (15)
2.62%
No, but I want to start (205)
35.78%
No, I am unable to (132)
23.04%
No, I chose not to (168)
29.32%