The Student Room Group
Moot Law Court, Robert Gordon University
Robert Gordon University

RGU midwifery applicants 2019

Hello has anyone else applied for midwifery at RGU beginning September 2019? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yea I have, Ive got an interview. Where else have u applied?
Moot Law Court, Robert Gordon University
Robert Gordon University
Original post by Catieh
Yea I have, Ive got an interview. Where else have u applied?

When is your interview?? I only applied RGU. Wbu?
Reply 3
Original post by erinmackayxx
When is your interview?? I only applied RGU. Wbu?

Mine is on the 20th of February, really nervous tho as it’s the only one I’ve got an interview for and I’d have to move away from home as I live over three hours away
Have u got an interview?
I’ve apllied for all three in Scotland
Original post by Catieh
Mine is on the 20th of February, really nervous tho as it’s the only one I’ve got an interview for and I’d have to move away from home as I live over three hours away
Have u got an interview?

Aw no I hope you get more replies for interviews closer. Yes I got an interview Mines is on Wednesday. I’m so nervous, it’s so much earlier than last year when I applied!!! I got a reply 6 days after I sent in my application.
Reply 5
Aw no I hope you get more replies for interviews closer. Yes I got an interview Mines is on Wednesday. I’m so nervous, it’s so much earlier than last year when I applied!!! I got a reply 6 days after I sent in my application.

Wow that’s quick, I had to wait three weeks for RGU and got declined from west of Scotland the day I applied 😂. Fingers crossed for Napier tho
Original post by Catieh
Wow that’s quick, I had to wait three weeks for RGU and got declined from west of Scotland the day I applied 😂. Fingers crossed for Napier tho

I’m thinking maybe the people they know who have applied before are all together because they obviously have an understanding of what to do. Maybe🤷🏼*♀️ why did you get rejected so quickly?! I don’t even have the qualifications!! I have ABCC not BBBC😂
Reply 7
I’m thinking maybe the people they know who have applied before are all together because they obviously have an understanding of what to do. Maybe🤷🏼*♀️ why did you get rejected so quickly?! I don’t even have the qualifications!! I have ABCC not BBBC😂

I have no idea seeing as I have an interview for Robert Gordon, idk if it could be this but it might be because I did mention I have a disability in my personal statement (only on one leg but it wouldn’t really affect me as I’m still only 17 and really active) but I’m not sure 🤔
Original post by Catieh
I have no idea seeing as I have an interview for Robert Gordon, idk if it could be this but it might be because I did mention I have a disability in my personal statement (only on one leg but it wouldn’t really affect me as I’m still only 17 and really active) but I’m not sure 🤔

Yeah I’d like to think they are giving everyone a chance and base people on there confidence and if they seem keen rather than all on qualifications :smile: x
Reply 9
Yeah I’d like to think they are giving everyone a chance and base people on there confidence and if they seem keen rather than all on qualifications :smile: x

Yea I would hope so! My personal statement was Full of my enthusiasm towards the course and I talked about volunteering and charity work and work experience and things like that to try and show kind of passion towards midwifery! So I do hope I might get a place somewhere!
But yea I defos agree that qualifications aren’t all that matter!😃
Original post by Catieh
Yea I would hope so! My personal statement was Full of my enthusiasm towards the course and I talked about volunteering and charity work and work experience and things like that to try and show kind of passion towards midwifery! So I do hope I might get a place somewhere!
But yea I defos agree that qualifications aren’t all that matter!😃

Yeah I was quite happy with my personal statement too. Showed a lot of understanding for the course and things I’ve done and skills learnt that would be of good use being a midwife 😊
Reply 11
Yeah I was quite happy with my personal statement too. Showed a lot of understanding for the course and things I’ve done and skills learnt that would be of good use being a midwife 😊

Yea I’ve done that too, mentioned their new “best start” that they are introducing aswell 😊
We both look like we are on the right page anyway!
Original post by Catieh
Yea I’ve done that too, mentioned their new “best start” that they are introducing aswell 😊
We both look like we are on the right page anyway!

Yeah!! I need to research different things to speak about 😬x
Hi 😊 I have an interview next weds, so nervous!
Original post by Jjmilne86
Hi 😊 I have an interview next weds, so nervous!

Aw that’s so good!! I have mine in the morning 😱x
oh wow, good luck 😊 let us know how you get on! I'm sure you will do great! what kinda prep have you done?xx
oh wow, good luck 😊 let us know how you get on! I'm sure you will do great! what kinda prep have you done?xx

Thank you!! I have an idea of what they speak about but I’m quite shy so I just need to be brave an add to the conversation. I’ve been looking up what’s been in the news and main topics that have been spoken about recently. I still don’t think I’ve done enough tho xx
i have barely had time to read up on anything! gonna try and do as much as I can by next week but this is my first year applying so no idea what to expect 🤦*♀️

Good luck today 😊 xx
Thank you! Almost there 😬xx
i have barely had time to read up on anything! gonna try and do as much as I can by next week but this is my first year applying so no idea what to expect 🤦*♀️

Good luck today 😊 xx

Interview over! Quite happy with how it went actually. Just the long wait now to hear back x

Quick Reply

Latest