Can I apply for PGCE Student Finance if I have used up all my student finance funding Watch

AbdulmalikY
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi, I have studied a 3-year Bachelors course for Computer Science and a 1-year Advanced Computer Science masters course (which I dropped out of I wanted to change careers). I now want to teach Computing and Get Into Teaching has allowed me to kick-start my teaching career with all the help and resources I need. But I tried making a new application on my student finance but it won't let me make a new full-time application it says I have used all active years. It will let me make a part-time application however. My sister has successfully started a PGCE course and I really want to start as I have missed out last year due to the deadline which I didn't know about. I really don't want to miss this year. Can any one please tell me what to do in regards to Student Finance for PGCE when all 'ACTIVE' years have been used up? Thanks!
lauraaaaa
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by AbdulmalikY)
Hi, I have studied a 3-year Bachelors course for Computer Science and a 1-year Advanced Computer Science masters course (which I dropped out of I wanted to change careers). I now want to teach Computing and Get Into Teaching has allowed me to kick-start my teaching career with all the help and resources I need. But I tried making a new application on my student finance but it won't let me make a new full-time application it says I have used all active years. It will let me make a part-time application however. My sister has successfully started a PGCE course and I really want to start as I have missed out last year due to the deadline which I didn't know about. I really don't want to miss this year. Can any one please tell me what to do in regards to Student Finance for PGCE when all 'ACTIVE' years have been used up? Thanks!
Mine also says the same, but I spoke to student finance twice, and they said I would be able to gain funding as it’s a separate type of funding. I haven’t had chance to ring up and ask them about how to go about it though, so let me know if you contact them to find out 😊
AbdulmalikY
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I will be phoning them to ask, they take really long to answer the phones and I am currently working Mon-Fri 9-5 so as soon as I get any information I will keep you posted. But since they said it's a seperate funding it should be reletively easy to apply for.
lauraaaaa
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by AbdulmalikY)
I will be phoning them to ask, they take really long to answer the phones and I am currently working Mon-Fri 9-5 so as soon as I get any information I will keep you posted. But since they said it's a seperate funding it should be reletively easy to apply for.
I'm not sure if it's because student finance hasn't opened for the 2019/2020 year yet or not, but I want to apply for it as soon as I can and get it sorted, so I will try to contact them as soon as it opens. If they don't fund it then i'll be devastated because I have an unconditional offer now, and there's no way I can fund it myself!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (97)
14.85%
Yes - a food allergy (71)
10.87%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (16)
2.45%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (18)
2.76%
No (451)
69.07%

Watched Threads