im sowwwy :cry2: i wasnt sure if u wanted to be tagged in my sad life
i will tag u now :yes: for give me LDS sorrry
Matrix123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I AM GROOT 1
I'm glad to see things have gone well! :hugs: I also haven't read any of those books or plays you're doing but I should get onto it at some point because some are on my list of books to read, but when that happens... who knows. :lol: Which ones would you say are your favourites?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
entertainmyfaith
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
may i be tagged?
aqa english lit buddies:five: (though i'm in year 12:lol:)
I AM GROOT 1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Matrix123)
I AM GROOT 1
I'm glad to see things have gone well! :hugs: I also haven't read any of those books or plays you're doing but I should get onto it at some point because some are on my list of books to read, but when that happens... who knows. :lol: Which ones would you say are your favourites?
it depends really wat type of books u like tragedy/crime long/short books i do enjoy reading the books Tess was a long but interesting i found a lot of my class hated the books. Othello is a nice play to read its different and the story really grabs u in. Atonement is also long but i dont want to reveal too much the plot is interesting but as u read it gets even more confusing and complex u really want to know wat on earth is happening. i havent read death of a salesman. Roger Ackroy again is not something u would expect it is a nice quick read
hope that helps im terrible with reviews
maybe u could recommend me some books
I AM GROOT 1
Rep:
?
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
may i be tagged?
aqa english lit buddies:five: (though i'm in year 12:lol:)
:adore: omg wat an honour ofc u can
:five: buddies if u ever need any help just ask i have resources and all sorts if u need
L.D.S.
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by I AM GROOT 1)
im sowwwy :cry2: i wasnt sure if u wanted to be tagged in my sad life
i will tag u now :yes: for give me LDS sorrry
That was a very rood decision jk it’s cool yes pls ofc all is good :yep:
I AM GROOT 1
Rep:
?
(Original post by L.D.S.)
That was a very rood decision jk it’s cool yes pls ofc all is good :yep:
Lady Jamie
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
MOCK REVIEW UPDATE
Hola everyone i hope u have all been good and school/college/uni/apprenticeships/ and really life in general are going great :thumbsup:

The weather: i mean please can it just snow for crying out loud if u have had snow fall ur sooo lucky :bawling::grumble:

this is wat i want so yeah any time soon mother nature
so where should i start.... yes the mocks are over completed and out of the way now i wait eagerly for the marks back..... however turns out we wont get the grades for the mocks back til next week ugh but we get the papers and the marks back now :confused: seriously i don't know

English Literature
I dont think i have mentioned which books and plays i am studying so here for those interested
  • Tess of the D'Urbervilles
  • Othello
  • The murder of Roger Ackroyd
  • Atonement
  • Death of a salesman

So....how did the mock go
Paper 1 i thought went well i was able to confidently answer the question and made sure i made effective links to tragedy when exploring the texts and made links to the book and play as whole
Othello was nice question
Tess was meh did struggle but i answered to the best of my ability and ended up doing the best on it
i got my marks back and wow i was shocked i actually did better than i thought i would i got 20/25 21/25 22/25 they wouldnt give the grade but i checked the grade boundaries and *drum roll* it was an A* so im well happy with that never thought i would get such my teacher was really impressed with it and said she cant wait til i do the exam. she did however say my writing was a bit hard to read
Paper 2 i thought went well the extract unseen crime was a bit weird but i gave it a shot hopefully it went well (we did not do much on this it was largely as it was put and taught last minute i mean a week before the mock) Atonement and Roger ackroyd was overall good

Philosophy and Ethics
Went pretty well i was confident with the questions i did practise questions on it which were similar so my context was on the whole good and i had a good idea what to write about

History
Again this went well hopefully i did ok might have rambled a little i hope not too much. I had again done similar questions so my knowledge was quite sound on the topics

Soooo...... the mocks i think went well overall hopefully i did well enough i know they are mocks so i am not stressing too much and hopefully all goes well despite the strain and stress i got from them

what to do know:
so i need to work on
  • my Napoleon coursework and clean it up
  • an essay on Free will and determinism for RS
  • History work notes ect
  • and improve my Literature mock answers

I think every time i will add a quote for all u lovely Guardians

thats bigger than i wanted but i dont know how to fix it sowwwy guys :hugs:
thanks for watching and reading my ramble
take care
ohhh and i must tag my Guardians (if anyone else wants to be tagged that i havent tagged please let me know and if u want to be removed let me know
thanks again for being awesome :woo:
Well done on the fantastic results. Really impressive, esp if they are ur raw marks because anything 20+ always gets scaled to an A* for end of years. Did Othello and DOASM, what a dark period of my life....:lol:

It snowed here. Be jealous :cool:
I AM GROOT 1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lady Jamie)
Well done on the fantastic results. Really impressive, esp if they are ur raw marks because anything 20+ always gets scaled to an A* for end of years. Did Othello and DOASM, what a dark period of my life....:lol:

It snowed here. Be jealous :cool:
Thanks :hugs: ok i see our teachers are terrible at explaining things to me :laugh:
really :eek: how did u find them
i am :cry2: lucky u
L.D.S.
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Noooo, you da best!!!! :yep:
I AM GROOT 1
Rep:
?
(Original post by l.d.s.)
noooo, you da best!!!! :yep:
no u da best
L.D.S.
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
no u da best
:no: uh uh, you DA BEST
I AM GROOT 1
Rep:
?
:no: uh uh, you DA BEST
ur reminding me of Josh again aw i miss him
we both are DA BEST :hugs:
L.D.S.
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
ur reminding me of Josh again aw i miss him
we both are DA BEST :hugs:
Awh sowwi :cry2: yes we are :yep:
HopefulAgony37
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I AM GROOT
Spoiler:
Show

really :laugh: :rofl: thanks
tbh i was going to pick those subjects but dropped them to do the subjects i loved :yes:
There can only be one.. ☝️
I AM GROOT 1
Rep:
?
Awh sowwi :cry2: yes we are :yep:
its ok :cry2: hope hes ok
we are for sure :yes: :hugs:
Matrix123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
it depends really wat type of books u like tragedy/crime long/short books i do enjoy reading the books Tess was a long but interesting i found a lot of my class hated the books. Othello is a nice play to read its different and the story really grabs u in. Atonement is also long but i dont want to reveal too much the plot is interesting but as u read it gets even more confusing and complex u really want to know wat on earth is happening. i havent read death of a salesman. Roger Ackroy again is not something u would expect it is a nice quick read
hope that helps im terrible with reviews
maybe u could recommend me some books
Oh this was good, thanks! You didn't give away too much which was nice because we don't want spoilers haha :hugs:
I prefer longer books in general and crime is always a great theme I find. Oooh Yes I think I'll have to make sure to read those snd you'd gotten me excited about Atonement so I'll probably head for that one first! :gah:
Hmm 2 that I think of straight away are classics and you liked Tess so they could be promising (who knows ). The Woman in White was a great one I thought, even if it was a little confusing for me at times towards the end, some nice plotlines. Wuthering Heights wasn't what I wanted it to be and the storyline did honestly annoy me a fair bit, but I love the narration and writing style so that's easily a top 10 book for me. :yy:
I AM GROOT 1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Matrix123)
Oh this was good, thanks! You didn't give away too much which was nice because we don't want spoilers haha :hugs:
I prefer longer books in general and crime is always a great theme I find. Oooh Yes I think I'll have to make sure to read those snd you'd gotten me excited about Atonement so I'll probably head for that one first! :gah:
Hmm 2 that I think of straight away are classics and you liked Tess so they could be promising (who knows ). The Woman in White was a great one I thought, even if it was a little confusing for me at times towards the end, some nice plotlines. Wuthering Heights wasn't what I wanted it to be and the storyline did honestly annoy me a fair bit, but I love the narration and writing style so that's easily a top 10 book for me. :yy:
no worries yeah atonement annoyed me at the end i think the start to be a plough but im sure u will like it
thanks i will have to have a read of them interesting
thanks again :hugs:
L.D.S.
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
its ok :cry2: hope hes ok
we are for sure :yes: :hugs:
Me too
:jumphug:
I AM GROOT 1
Rep:
?
Me too
:jumphug:
:cube:
:hugs: we are strong and so is he hes got this :thumbsup:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (49)
9.37%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.68%
No, but I want to start (188)
35.95%
No, I am unable to (122)
23.33%
No, I chose not to (150)
28.68%