The Student Room Group

Photography or Citizenship?

So I need to choose my option for year 11, but I’m not sure if I should choose photography, a subject I find interesting and would really enjoy or citizenship, a subject that could help me in the future. Photography is definitely a hobby of mine, but I’m not sure if I want to do it in the future. My parents push me to get into law and I also do find law interesting. But photography MIGHT be something I want to get into, but who knows I could change my mind at the end of year 11, wishing I had chosen citizenship. I’m conflicted and the deadline is on the 24th January, this week. So someone, please give me advice!
(edited 5 years ago)
I’d go with photography. If it’s something you enjoy, you won’t regret picking it later on. It wouldn’t necessarily hinder your chances at going into law either. While it may make future courses a little easier as you probably will have covered some stuff, It’s the alevels that unis look at, and you don’t even need to do a law alevel for law degrees in most cases. What else are you going to pick?x
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by emilyhaworthx
I’d go with photography. If it’s something you enjoy, you won’t regret picking it later on. It wouldn’t necessarily hinder your chances at going into law either. While it may make future courses a little easier as you probably will have covered some stuff, It’s the alevels that unis look at, and you don’t even need to do a law alevel for law degrees, in most cases. What else are you going to pick?x

Thanks for responding. I only have one option and that’s why I’ve been conflicted about it. I’m just not sure if I should lean into my creative side or my logical side.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending