Tinder isn’t a dating app. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I prefer to not go on a long winded rant on the dangers of Tinder and advice to completely about it but I wouldn’t recommend it to others if you’re looking for a serious relationship.
It isn’t bad for what it does but lower your expectations while on the app. This isn’t a rant about the injustices of dating or pseudo incel rant blaming women. I get loads of matches but it feels a bit dead honestly. I’m looking something which is rare on tinder so it’s probably not the best place to look.
I would recommend Bumble as a better alternative tbh.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Bill Nye
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Well what do you expect from it lmao
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Bill Nye)
Well what do you expect from it lmao
The number of times, I’ve been recommended Tinder as a good ‘dating’ app says otherwise. I honestly went into there, expecting something different. I think I will stick with real life
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Tinder is for no strings hookups.
Not dates or a relationship.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by londonmyst)
Tinder is for no strings hookups.
Not dates or a relationship.
Which sucks for me since I’m terrible at asking people out.
Alexty28
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I had a 1 and half year long relationship with a girl from Tinder, but I think it is rare as I can't seem to get the same result from it since.
Lady Jamie
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Tinder is for meaningless late night chats just to kill some time and take a break from studies.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Lady Jamie)
Tinder is for meaningless late night chats just to kill some time and take a break from studies.
That’s if the person actually responds..
(Original post by Alexty28)
I had a 1 and half year long relationship with a girl from Tinder, but I think it is rare as I can't seem to get the same result from it since.
A relationship based on Timder isn’t out of the question and is possible but it takes a lot of time, effort and luck. I have stuff to do so I can’t spend all my time on Tinder
Lady Jamie
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
That’s if the person actually responds..
u poor thing
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It's a great medium for finding a goth girl as morbid as you to go get absolutely rat arsed with. Well, for me, anyway.
Anonymous #1
u poor thing
My problem isn’t that I struggle to get matches - I honestly don’t - but they don’t even talk. The ones who do stop midway through a conversation and are never heard again. It’s not frustrating but I’m a bit disappointed.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by gjd800)
It's a great medium for finding a goth girl as morbid as you to go get absolutely rat arsed with. Well, for me, anyway.
At this point, if she was interesting, I wouldn’t mind
Lady Jamie
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
My problem isn’t that I struggle to get matches - I honestly don’t - but they don’t even talk. The ones who do stop midway through a conversation and are never heard again. It’s not frustrating but I’m a bit disappointed.
Because some of us use tinder "for meaningless late night chats just to kill some time and take a break from studies."
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
At this point, if she was interesting, I wouldn’t mind
They're always interesting in one form or another. Either violently neurotic, or plain weird. I attract that, ha. it's ok, cos I'm weird too.
Anonymous #1
Because some of us use tinder "for meaningless late night chats just to kill some time and take a break from studies."
I mean at least, talk the next day or say good night. That way I wouldn’t need to constantly worry if I was boring... :.(
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Do you have the uni lecturer thing on there? Might have to change my story for the puss, if the metal head is getting action.
Rock Fan
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Very rare you will get an actual relationship from Tinder.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Notoriety)
Do you have the uni lecturer thing on there? Might have to change my story for the puss, if the metal head is getting action.
Not explicitly, no. They like dog pics and pics with guitars, I find. But not acoustics, cos any aul bell end can murder Wonderwall.
Anonymous #1
They're always interesting in one form or another. Either violently neurotic, or plain weird. I attract that, ha. it's ok, cos I'm weird too.
There’s not many goth girls at uni anyway so that’s out of the question. I wouldn’t mind the weird girls but only if they know how to spice up a conversation
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Rock Fan)
Very rare you will get an actual relationship from Tinder.
I’m not prepared to give up but I’m gonna lower my expectations quite a bit
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (13)
5.58%
No (220)
94.42%

Watched Threads