The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Psychology- How flexible is the uni of Lincoln?

I can't see myself going to any other Uni than Lincoln, my offer is ABB but I'm worried i might not be able to make the grades
Reply 1
Original post by Ccyxxx
I can't see myself going to any other Uni than Lincoln, my offer is ABB but I'm worried i might not be able to make the grades

Hi, I know many of my friends who got in without getting the exact grades. But, it all depends on who else has applied to your course, if many people applied who receive the grades they may not have space for others who did not.
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Original post by Ccyxxx

I got in with 280 UCAS points. Whatever that was. I didn't get a single A, you don't even need to meet the grades to get in here, the uni is happy to take your money and give you nothing as long as you meet the minimum amount of UCAS points. A? B? C? Pass? Merit? Distinction? As long as it adds up, you're in.
Hi, im in the exact same position! I really want to do clinical psychology at lincoln, which requires ABB. I am predicted that but still not too confident i will get that. I have an unconditional offer to study psychology somewhere else, but it isn't as good a uni so i am wondering whether to risk it with lincoln as my firm. Hope someone can help us with how flexible they are with grades. I'm sure you'll be fine though, always worth trying your best, it's not too late to turn your grades around if you give it your all now!
Reply 4
Original post by noodle1975
Hi, im in the exact same position! I really want to do clinical psychology at lincoln, which requires ABB. I am predicted that but still not too confident i will get that. I have an unconditional offer to study psychology somewhere else, but it isn't as good a uni so i am wondering whether to risk it with lincoln as my firm. Hope someone can help us with how flexible they are with grades. I'm sure you'll be fine though, always worth trying your best, it's not too late to turn your grades around if you give it your all now!

Yeah im defo putting Lincoln as my firm even though they want ABB but I've been working so hard all year so hopefully it pays off:smile:
Hiya, I'm a second year clinical psychology student at the uni. I did not get my required grades, and had to go through clearing. I missed my grades by one, and Lincoln was my firm choice. They let me through on clearing due to my extra curricular qualifications and experience- but I have friends on the straight Psychology course who did the same without that. So you should be fine! Just remember, no matter what grades you open on the day, clearing is there and most unis are super friendly and unless they are super competitive courses like law or an NHS linked degree, you can find a place somewhere :smile:
That's great! If you have any further questions about entry requirements then please feel free to contact our Admissions team on +44 (0)1522 886097 or [email protected].

I would also recommend joining Friends for Life (see link below). It's a great way to meet your future uni mates before you arrive!

https://www.lincoln.ac.uk/friends/

Darren :smile:

Original post by Ccyxxx
Yeah im defo putting Lincoln as my firm even though they want ABB but I've been working so hard all year so hopefully it pays off:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest