helpp!!!!! Watch

AngelicBae
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hiya, I'm a late applicant to Harris Westminster Sixth Form and unfortunately was unable to complete the exam therefore I doubt that I'll be interviewed.
I did, however, email them and tell them about my dilemma and they assured me that if I get exceptional grades, they'll interview me on the day after results day and see whether I'll be accepted or not.

I chose Politics, History,English Lit and French. However, when they say I should get exceptional grades, do they mean all my grades or just the ones I'm planning to take since I struggle in maths but I'm a grade 7/8 student in English, Citizenship etc
I was told that if there were any spaces left, I would get chosen prior to my results of course.

However, does that mean that I must get very high grades (higher than everyone who isn't a late applicant) in order to even have a slim chance of getting in?

Do you think that I have a chance of being accepted into those subjects?
I'm very stressed as it is my dream sixth form, please help!
baleine
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hello!

From what I know, HWSF wants you to get at least 6 grade 6s including 7s in the subjects you plan on taking so a 7 in English Lit, French and History (if you take it..I know some people who didn't take GCSE history and could still take the subject). GCSE politics won't be something they require a 7 in so don't worry if you don't currently study it.

As to whether you need to get significantly higher grades, I'm going to say probably not. If your interview is successful,there's a place and you have the required grades, whether you have the minimum or the highest shouldn't make a difference. There are a few people who were in the same situation as you and didn't get the highest grades but were still accepted into the school.

That being said, don't let this hinder you from getting the highest grades you can
AngelicBae
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by baleine)
Hello!

From what I know, HWSF wants you to get at least 6 grade 6s including 7s in the subjects you plan on taking so a 7 in English Lit, French and History (if you take it..I know some people who didn't take GCSE history and could still take the subject). GCSE politics won't be something they require a 7 in so don't worry if you don't currently study it.

As to whether you need to get significantly higher grades, I'm going to say probably not. If your interview is successful,there's a place and you have the required grades, whether you have the minimum or the highest shouldn't make a difference. There are a few people who were in the same situation as you and didn't get the highest grades but were still accepted into the school.

That being said, don't let this hinder you from getting the highest grades you can
Thank you so much. I can't seem to find a fourth A level to choose, I thought about French but do you think they'll allow me to do 3 at Harris Wetsminister.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (27)
11.44%
Yes - a food allergy (24)
10.17%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (7)
2.97%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (8)
3.39%
No (170)
72.03%

Watched Threads