Pretty sure girl likes me, but has a boyfriend Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
We've talked everyday for almost 3 weeks for around 5 hours a day.

When I found out she had a boyfriend I told her I liked her just to let her know my feelings, which in retrospect wasn't the best thing to do. She said that she had feelings for me but enforced the fact she was in a relationship.

Since then in general we've talked more, and she has told me stuff such as missing my voice and my laugh. Yesterday we called for around 7 hours.

She's never really talked about her boyfriend with me directly, but I have been there when she is talking to her friend about him. From what she said it doesn't seem like a good relationship

What do I do in this situation? I want to distance myself before I ruin her relationship with him, but I feel like we're too close and my feelings are too strong to do so
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

When I found out she had a boyfriend I told her I liked her just to let her know my feelings, which in retrospect wasn't the best thing to do. She said that she had feelings for me but enforced the fact she was in a relationship.

Since then in general we've talked more, and she has told me stuff such as missing my voice and my laugh. Yesterday we called for around 7 hours.

She's never really talked about her boyfriend with me directly, but I have been there when she is talking to her friend about him. From what she said it doesn't seem like a good relationship

What do I do in this situation? I want to distance myself before I ruin her relationship with him, but I feel like we're too close and my feelings are too strong to do so

I think if I were the bf and found out about this then I would be markedly unimpressed to say the least. You talk about not wanting to ruin their relationship but you are doing a pretty good job in interfering.
tuftyispie
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

Really at this point, it seems like you both have pretty strong feelings for each over. It might be an idea to talk to her about how you feel and how you don't want to ruin their relationship or anything. However, it sounds like she may be willing to break off that relationship just to be with you.
bones-mccoy
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You shouldn't have told her how you felt but you already know that.

I would keep a distance as talking to her so frequently for such a long time is only going to make it harder on the both of you. If you have any respect for her then you should back off and let her make up her own mind about the relationship. Then it's her decision whether to pursue anything with you.
Last edited by bones-mccoy; 3 weeks ago
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Males and females can be friends, don't get me wrong, but there's a huge difference between a friendship and then spending 7 hours on the phone to someone. I mean, the most I've even spoken to my boyfriend for is half of that. If my boyfriend was talking to another girl on the phone that frequently, for that amount of time, alarm bells would be ringing. Everyone is allowed friends, but if it gets to the extent that they're talking to their "friends" more (significantly more, it would seem) than they're talking to you, then something isn't quite right.

It doesn't matter whether her relationship is good or bad. The point is that there is a relationship, and unless she ends it, you can't (or shouldn't) be any more than friends. I feel as though you are crossing a pretty big line with the amount you're speaking to this girl, and it will end in heartbreak for both of you.

I would suggest that you let her know how you feel, and say that if she was single you would ask her out, but that for the moment you need to pull back and get some distance - for the sake of everyone involved. I don't know whether you will be able to lessen contact or whether you need to stop talking completely, but I'd say that at the moment she's having an emotional affair, and that's not fair.
TheNamesBond.
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Why would you tell her how you feel, you say you don’t want to ruin their relationship but you do though, telling her about how you feel about her when she is already in a relationship gives it away really, back off.
Molseh
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ask her to leave her boyfriend for you.

If she says no. Stop talking to her.
If she says yes. Nice one.
Rock Fan
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

Not a lot you can do other than be friends, suspect if she felt she was in a bad relationship she would have ended it.
marshallbrown
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by bones-mccoy)
You shouldn't have told her how you felt but you already know that.

I would keep a distance as talking to her so frequently for such a long time is only going to make it harder on the both of you. If you have any respect for her then you should back off and let her make up her own mind about the relationship. Then it's her decision whether to pursue anything with you.
The best answer and I am totally agree with her!
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
You need to make her decide ... she’s needs to choose either you or her bf. If she’s told you she has feelings for you then it’s up-to to her to act upon that and tbh if she had a bf she should of not even spoken to you in the first place ...

I think she’s not sure at this point in time ... give her space and let her know your here for her in whatever she decides and let her decide what she really wants ..
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (66)
8.05%
I used to but I don't now (23)
2.8%
No, but I want to start (303)
36.95%
No, I am unable to (203)
24.76%
No, I chose not to (225)
27.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise