Is it possible to double major/joint honours in Law and Art Watch

username4453340
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’ve always wondered if this is possible because these have always been two options I’ve always wanted to go into in the future, but I was wondering if there was any possibility of being able to do both? I’ve tried looking at UK Universities but it’s mostly Art and Psychology, and I can understand that Art and Law are an unusual pairing I guess, but I’m still very hopeful if this is a possibility... thanks in advance!!
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by username4453340)
I’ve always wondered if this is possible because these have always been two options I’ve always wanted to go into in the future, but I was wondering if there was any possibility of being able to do both? I’ve tried looking at UK Universities but it’s mostly Art and Psychology, and I can understand that Art and Law are an unusual pairing I guess, but I’m still very hopeful if this is a possibility... thanks in advance!!
Nearest i can get is Law with Art History.

There are some unis with very flexible major minors where you can almost design your own degree, but it depends on them doing both courses.

I would think its of questionable use.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Art is an intense subject. It’s not something that is easily split into another subject (particularly law which has similar requirements to be a qualifying law degree).

If you’re not sure what to study then maybe consider taking an art and design foundation diploma after A levels. (There’s a stickied thread at the top of the art and design forum). That would give you time to study art full time at close to university level (and if you take a fad at a university then it’s a university environment too) for a year without using up your degree funding. If you enjoy it then you’ll be prepared for almost any art degree, if you decide it’s not for you then you can apply to law degrees.
threeportdrift
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You need to consider how useful it might be. To get a useful Law degree it needs to be a qualifying law degree ie on ethat allows you to go on and practice law with further study. The mandatory elements required for a qualifying law degree are about two-thirds of a standard 3 year degree. Therefore joint law degrees are uncommon.

Art is also a subject you can self-study very effectively, it really just takes immersion in the literature, the galleries etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (14)
5.93%
No (222)
94.07%

Watched Threads