rosewillow
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
It looks really good and every student review I've read says they love their course and the university, so why is it so far down the ranks? I'm really curious, are there some notable downsides to it?
barror1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Heya!
I'm going to start this by saying that some of my good mates go there and I have an offer to study there but there are some issues.
The big one is that it's not Russel Group. If you want to go into research/ academia, the nearest uni in that regard would be Southampton. This is one of the reasons they are so low on the league tables. Teaching at Winchester is super good though!
The other thing about Winchester is that (at my school at least), many people feel like it is a waste of potential to be going there. They give out so many unconditional offers that a lot of people do not revise for A levels and can do quite poorly (leading to low league tables due to the people they take in).
Despite this, it is meant to be super good for student satisfaction, and the location is amazing! It's all down to personal preference really
rosewillow
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by barror1)
Heya!
I'm going to start this by saying that some of my good mates go there and I have an offer to study there but there are some issues.
The big one is that it's not Russel Group. If you want to go into research/ academia, the nearest uni in that regard would be Southampton. This is one of the reasons they are so low on the league tables. Teaching at Winchester is super good though!
The other thing about Winchester is that (at my school at least), many people feel like it is a waste of potential to be going there. They give out so many unconditional offers that a lot of people do not revise for A levels and can do quite poorly (leading to low league tables due to the people they take in).
Despite this, it is meant to be super good for student satisfaction, and the location is amazing! It's all down to personal preference really
Ok thanks, I really want to go there but I was worried xD
Fahm.v0
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hello, I currently have an offer for September and was wondering if I should accept it. The reviews are good, campus looks good, the success rate is high but again it is ranked 107th? Should I accept or not?
Last edited by Fahm.v0; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (426)
67.62%
No (204)
32.38%

Watched Threads