Expulsion Watch

dontworryahaha
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
im in a situation at school atm. lets just say im probably gonna get expelled, or at least suspended for a while. I don't know what's going to happen to me yet, but I am assuming the worst. They haven't made their final decision and there is a meeting with my parents coming up. Now I go to a grammar school and I am academically very bright. I'm just wondering how likely is it I could get into a new school quickly? I just want to bog down and work hard now. It's the only way I can bounce back from this massive blunder.
eez
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
what did you do
dontworryahaha
Rep:
?
(Original post by eez)
what did you do
uh dont worry it was a little something narcotics related
SleepyGnome
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Depends on what you did and your record, if you did something bad enough for expulsion your best chance is unfortunately likely to be a pupil referral unit
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by dontworryahaha)
im in a situation at school atm. lets just say im probably gonna get expelled, or at least suspended for a while. I don't know what's going to happen to me yet, but I am assuming the worst. They haven't made their final decision and there is a meeting with my parents coming up. Now I go to a grammar school and I am academically very bright. I'm just wondering how likely is it I could get into a new school quickly? I just want to bog down and work hard now. It's the only way I can bounce back from this massive blunder.
What did you do to get expelled? If it was really bad, it might be a struggle to get into a new decent school.
SleepyGnome
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SleepyGnome)
Depends on what you did and your record, if you did something bad enough for expulsion your best chance is unfortunately likely to be a pupil referral unit
Yeah I’d definitely say referral unit, most schools won’t touch kids with a drug record
dontworryahaha
Rep:
?
i dont think ill get a criminal record or anything, police havent been contacted yet. they probably will soon but i dont think ill get a criminal record(Original post by dontworryahaha)uh dont worry it was a little something narcotics related

(Original post by eez)
what did you do
dontworryahaha
Rep:
?
Yeah I’d definitely say referral unit, most schools won’t touch kids with a drug record
oh damn yeah that doesnt sound great at all. i am in year 12 so do you think i could reapply for a new sixth form for september 2019?
SleepyGnome
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by dontworryahaha)
oh damn yeah that doesnt sound great at all. i am in year 12 so do you think i could reapply for a new sixth form for september 2019?
I’d definitely try looking on theirs admissions policies, brochures etc. I’m not 100% as I attend a grammar in sixth form and they very very rarely expel someone just “ask them to leave and not come back” so they don’t tarnish their record. If you can make it up to the school and stick with it and arrange a transfer without their intervention that’s probably a less tricky way to go about it in terms of the actual new school
dontworryahaha
Rep:
?
I’d definitely try looking on theirs admissions policies, brochures etc. I’m not 100% as I attend a grammar in sixth form and they very very rarely expel someone just “ask them to leave and not come back” so they don’t tarnish their record. If you can make it up to the school and stick with it and arrange a transfer without their intervention that’s probably a less tricky way to go about it in terms of the actual new school
cheers for the advice mate. i do know boys that did get expelled from ours that somehow got into grammar schools nearby again, probably the only thought keeping me alive
Last edited by dontworryahaha; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (125)
17.83%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (72)
10.27%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (121)
17.26%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (101)
14.41%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (68)
9.7%
How can I be the best version of myself? (214)
30.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed