National 5 History 2018-19 Watch

chloe863
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by zras83)
Yo don’t worry bro, i’m doing the atlantic slave trade aswell and i find it the hardest to learn of the three i’m studying (i’m also doing the era of the great war and hitler and nazi germany). i guess i’m just persisting on and making sure i get it all learnt before the exam. also flash cards are quite useful. i usually go through them and separate the ones i do know and the ones i don’t know, and then i can prioritise my weaker areas. however these are sometimes quite time consuming but they are really effective in the end. history for me is the subject that has the most content to learn.
Thank you
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
aingidh
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm starting to get a little worried. I've only done past papers, and I still don't know how to do the evaluate the usefulness questions, and we never covered Nazi Germany in class and were expected to self-teach it as we ran out of time due to my teacher being absent a lot.
chloe863
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by aingidh)
I'm starting to get a little worried. I've only done past papers, and I still don't know how to do the evaluate the usefulness questions, and we never covered Nazi Germany in class and were expected to self-teach it as we ran out of time due to my teacher being absent a lot.
Just look over the notes you have for the topics and if you don’t have any notes use BBC Bitesize or google what you need to know, etc. You still have a few days to study so you should hopefully be okay

Attachment 816562

This is the formula I was taught and my teacher is an sqa marker so yeah use that if you understand it. If not, Mr Marr on YouTube explains how to do it I’m sure. So just do loads of practice questions.

Really hope I helped Good luck!
Last edited by chloe863; 1 week ago
Button222
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My teacher made us a booklet on how to answer every question type if anyone needs it?
Minervaa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes please!
(Original post by Button222)
My teacher made us a booklet on how to answer every question type if anyone needs it?
Minervaa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes please! Could you send it to me thank you so much
thepunmaster.e
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I feel like I’ve left history so late, we had some revision lessons before study leave but I never really focused and chatted with my friend a lot, I’ve had English Spanish and chemistry this week so there wasn’t any time for history, what is the best way of revision to cram as much as possible? I also have french on Tuesday and I really want to do well in both of them as they are my favourite subjects and I’m doing them for higher next year
Vladimir Poutine
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’m the same - French the next day, then Physics after that... I’ve only just finished Chemistry this afternoon too.
flopsypopsy1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm really struggling with actually finishing the exam! I got a C on my prelim - Section A 84%, Section B 87% and then Section C 2%!!!!!!!

I love history so much but if i get a C my school wont let me take it to higher - its a subject im considering for uni! Any tips on how to speed up would be a godsend
Button222
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hoping I’ll be able to successfully do the exam although I’ve hardly revised today or before today no motivation
zras83
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
There’s too much to learn for history ngl
chloe863
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
So ummm I’ve barely studied and I have so much to do, what should I do??? there’s so much to do and I don’t think I have enough time.
scott23434
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’ve been going through past papers and topics we have done in class and just writing down notes on each question. I’d say it saves time to study more topics but you need to make sure you know how to still answer the questions properly in the exam.
(Original post by chloe863)
So ummm I’ve barely studied and I have so much to do, what should I do??? there’s so much to do and I don’t think I have enough time.
beth1709
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Anyone have any tips on how to learn the entire history course in 1 day hahah? I’ve been too busy with physics
chloe863
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by beth1709)
Anyone have any tips on how to learn the entire history course in 1 day hahah? I’ve been too busy with physics
Hehe I need this too but I don’t know anything from the full Atlantic slave trade topic
I’d suggest just looking over your notes and loads of practice questions or past papers. Good luck!
rittajmoghal29
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Best of luck for tomorrow guys! Hope the questions are from the topics we know! Really really anxious now
beth1709
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’ve still not started studying hahaha
beth1709
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
But good luck to everyone
thepunmaster.e
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Ahhh I still have 12 topics to do, I’ve not done any practice questions and I don’t think anything is going into my head!!!
chloe863
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by beth1709)
I’ve still not started studying hahaha
Same, I’ve barely studied I don’t know how to answer 2 questions about like a full topic.

Could I still pass if I miss out all of the questions for one topic (like the full Atlantic slave trade topic)?

Does anyone know key things about the Atlantic Slavs trade I should learn?

Good luck everyone
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (401)
30.63%
The paper was reasonable (514)
39.27%
Not feeling great about that exam... (225)
17.19%
It was TERRIBLE (169)
12.91%

Watched Threads