The Student Room Group
Reply 1
All international medical courses are in English. Mostly better then the English spoken in the UK nowadays.
The professors are respected in their field and have worked around the world.
I don’t know where you get your information from. Your misguided.

(Original post by ltsmith)
unless you're fluent in the language of whatever country
I studied medicine in Bratislava, slovakia and although I hated it there for the most part now that I am in the UK full time, I miss it everyday. You don't know a good thing until its gone. Ofcourse, having started work now I fully appreciate that the teaching particularly the clinical part was absolutely horrible but God damn it was a wonderful bubble to be in

My advice is go for it if you have no other option in UK. It will be a shock when you come back to the UK full time but **** it you'll be a doctor anyway u will adapt...
Reply 3
My dear. I’m a final year medical student. I think you find it hard to understand or appreciate the dedicated type of teachers. The communication is not a problem, you pick up the language and there are always nurses around who are more then helpful to future doctors. They act as translators and ward sisters to foreign medical students
Original post by medsch_1
Apologies if I sounded as though I was undermining the professors. That wasn't at all my intention.

I have spoken to a friend who did her medical degree in English abroad (not Czech so I can't compare) and she told me *some* of the professors quality of English wasn't as good as she had initially anticipated. This of course doesn't make them bad teachers, it was just in reference to their restricted vocabulary. Therefore, it is a worry for me in regards to whether I will be able to communicate my ideas properly to all members of staff.

I wish you the best of luck applying and I hope you enjoy your studies there :smile:

where do you study?
Original post by loliamsohappy
In my opinion it's a really bad idea. Facilties terrible. You really need to learn the language for clinical and they have classes especially made which you need to pass a test for, so medicine with a level latin classes (terrible). 6 Years, so one extra useless year (fail 2 subjects in first year you get kicked out). Its also much harder to pass medicine abroad because you fail your out, but countries like uk, usa they give you retakes in the summer.

I agree with you, some of my friends experienced the same thing.

Latest

Trending

Trending