UCV dentistry Valencia 2019 Watch

lyneguy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I am Canadian and recently accepted an offer to the 5 year dentistry program at Universidad Catolica de Valencia. I am wondering if there are any others that will be starting at UCV in September. Also would be nice if anyone currently in the UCV Dentistry program could participate.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Beerend
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey,

I want to study dentistry in Valencia as well.

What is your motivation to study at Universidad Catolica de Valencia? I am reading that it costs €14900 per year to study dentistry at this university, while studying dentistry at the University of Valencia costs €2.600 per year.

What is the difference between these two universities and why did you choose to go to an expensive university?

Is this better somehow?

Thanks
lyneguy
Rep:
?
I believe the University of Valencia is a public institution that is likely on taught in Spanish. UCV is a private institution with classes taught in English. The clinical years will be in Spanish.
Beerend
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by lyneguy)
I believe the University of Valencia is a public institution that is likely on taught in Spanish. UCV is a private institution with classes taught in English. The clinical years will be in Spanish.
Yeah I find it strange. On the website studyportals (bachelor) I find the dentistry study from the University of Valencia and at the admission requirements it says "This programme requires students to demonstrate proficiency in English.". When I go to the website of the university itself I read that it is taught in Spanish, Valencian and English. It's indeed like what you say, ****. How can you afford to pay this amount of money per year?
inghan
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
from the uk. I have also received an offer. Would love to hear from people who are studying/have been for the past few years. I understand it's a pretty new course
lyneguy
Rep:
?
Well, it is about half of the tuition I would pay in Canada.
Aysha1230
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I have accepted my offer
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Life Sciences; Department of Psychology Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (234)
60%
No (156)
40%

Watched Threads