Higher English prelim tomorrow - can anyone help?! Watch

ailsa.02
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Ok so I’m in fifth year and have my higher English prelim tomorrow. The last three of my prelims were quite close together so I haven’t really had enough time to revise for English. I’ve done one close reading paper at home as well as the ones at school and I’ve done one textual analysis and one timed essay. I have written a theme essay and a character for Gatsby but haven’t actually written the character one in timed conditions. Is it too late to do it tonight? I don’t know what to do right now, do I practice poem analysis or character essay or do I just go to bed? I’m also quite worried about my close reading scores as the are super varied from 12 to 26, they’re never consistent. Sorry to be annoying - just having a bit of a prelim panic!
Labrador99
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ailsa.02)
Ok so I’m in fifth year and have my higher English prelim tomorrow. The last three of my prelims were quite close together so I haven’t really had enough time to revise for English. I’ve done one close reading paper at home as well as the ones at school and I’ve done one textual analysis and one timed essay. I have written a theme essay and a character for Gatsby but haven’t actually written the character one in timed conditions. Is it too late to do it tonight? I don’t know what to do right now, do I practice poem analysis or character essay or do I just go to bed? I’m also quite worried about my close reading scores as the are super varied from 12 to 26, they’re never consistent. Sorry to be annoying - just having a bit of a prelim panic!
Not sure whether your prelim is in the morning or afternoon, so will reply in case you see it beforehand...Hope that you managed to get some sleep rather than staying up doing revision last night- by that point you're likely to be better off leaving it and getting the sleep, rather than staying up revising. Remember it's just a prelim- no matter how well it goes, it won't affect your final result. What might affect your final result is how you use the experience of the prelim to help you prepare, so find the areas you need to improve on and spend more time working on them. English is one of those subjects where a lot of people improve a fair bit between the prelim and exam, and that comes down to then having the time to practice (as by this point you've usually done all the component parts, just not in their fullest depth) and improve your technique.
Hope it goes well today!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Humanities; Department of Drama, Theatre and Performance; Department of Social Sciences; Department of English and Creative Writing Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (82)
59.42%
No (56)
40.58%

Watched Threads