A Levels been revising 8 hours a day. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Home student and been revising 8 hours a day since start of December. I plan to keep this going till May/June exams.

I have had no burnout and this is solid revision not including dossing about or having breaks. I keep my concentration through 99% of studying. I have a pretty good work ethic and am trying to 'revise smart' e.g. Cue cards, past papers etc. I get a minimum of 8 hour sleep and exercise (running) for 1 hour each day.

I'm pretty far behind though. Like probably BBC/BBB level. Will it be possible to get 3A* come exams? Thanks.
thestudent33
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Home student and been revising 8 hours a day since start of December. I plan to keep this going till May/June exams.

I have had no burnout and this is solid revision not including dossing about or having breaks. I keep my concentration through 99% of studying. I have a pretty good work ethic and am trying to 'revise smart' e.g. Cue cards, past papers etc. I get a minimum of 8 hour sleep and exercise (running) for 1 hour each day.

I'm pretty far behind though. Like probably BBC/BBB level. Will it be possible to get 3A* come exams? Thanks.
Probably if you keep going at that rate. But you have to make sure you keep revising effectively
DarkChaoz95
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

I'm sure you can if you keep consistently doing this. Also maybe speak to your tutors for revision feedback and get tips from them too.
n dog
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

Hmm, it's great that you're revising so much but is seems like overkill. There are methods of revision where you can learn the same amount in a significantly lesser time.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
If you are revising smart/effectively why are you far behind..? Focus on a topic, move on, review a few weeks later and continue doing whole past papers to revisit the essential bits throughout. You should get through content pretty quickly. Are you using text books or revision guides? Use textbooks for understanding then move onto the revision guide and use the specification bc textbooks are filled with irreverence and waffle.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
8 hours a day *every day* is a lot. Schools ect. say aim for 7/8 hours a day. But they say this, knowing people won't do that much. But they'll aim higher than if they said 4/5 hours a day. If you aren't burnt out continue, just don't feel pressure to continue, especially if revising isn't fun(-ish?) to you
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (13)
5.58%
No (220)
94.42%

Watched Threads