How to lose fat ONLY from stomach Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I want to lose fat just from my stomach but people say it's impossible to do that from only 1 place. But then why do people say things like 'I'm doing legs today at the gym' aka you CAN target certain body parts? Or is that 'toning'. Will 'toning' make my stomach flatter? If so how can I do that?
Lilligant22
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
By doing legs they mean they're toning it, so they're making it firmer. I don't believe you can allow one specific part of your body to lose weight.
euphorism
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just do sit ups, burpees and squats - that’ll help ur stomach flatten i guess.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I want to lose fat just from my stomach but people say it's impossible to do that from only 1 place. But then why do people say things like 'I'm doing legs today at the gym' aka you CAN target certain body parts? Or is that 'toning'. Will 'toning' make my stomach flatter? If so how can I do that?
I’ve been told plenty of times that toning can help reduce your stomach fat. Maybe try sit ups and other stomach exercises, but the best way to loose weight is dieting and regular exercise I think
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
The Abdominal cruncher is quite effective imo.
catsmeow_at_me
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Cardio is good for losing fat, also weights. But you can't pick a certain area and say you want to loose fat from there bc doesn't work like that. I feel your pain.
BrownFace
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi
you can't target your fat lose. if you lose weight, you ll lose it from all the body.
You will lose the last fat stored first and it will continue to the older fat. Thats how the body works and its annoying but with determination and good method you ll succed. Try Carb Cycling its very effective, go on YouTube.
Peace
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You can't. The people who say it's impossible are correct, that's not how fat loss works. People who say things like "I'm training legs today" are doing so to increase the size of their leg muscles. There's no such thing as "toning", this is a term perpetuated by people trying to sell fitness programs but don't really know what they're talking about.
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by BrownFace)
Hi
you can't target your fat lose. if you lose weight, you ll lose it from all the body.
You will lose the last fat stored first and it will continue to the older fat. Thats how the body works and its annoying but with determination and good method you ll succed. Try Carb Cycling its very effective, go on YouTube.
Peace
Carb cycling only works if you're on a caloric deficit and won't work significantly better than a balanced diet with equal calories.
BrownFace
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
Carb cycling only works if you're on a caloric deficit and won't work significantly better than a balanced diet with equal calories.
Well personnaly i tried a lot of different diet and its the only one that worked that good for me. The think with classic diet lose is that after a time the body understand the trick and stop burning the fat. When it comes to carb cycling, BECAUSE you change from low carb day and high carb day your body just can't keep up and just continiously burn fat.
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Well personnaly i tried a lot of different diet and its the only one that worked that good for me. The think with classic diet lose is that after a time the body understand the trick and stop burning the fat. When it comes to carb cycling, BECAUSE you change from low carb day and high carb day your body just can't keep up and just continiously burn fat.
Having a cheat every couple of weeks has the same effect, is simpler and is more fun
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
As they say you cant spot reduce. Think of fat as a surface layer all around your body.
You can work on underlying muscle with exercise. The muscle wont show significantly until the surface fat goes.

Listen to Woody.
lconlon13
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Anyone who tells you that you cant lose fat from one specific area is talking crap. Surgery will fix you right up

Snip snip and it will be as good as new
BrownFace
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
Having a cheat every couple of weeks has the same effect, is simpler and is more fun
Didnt work that much on my body tho 😭
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Didnt work that much on my body tho 😭
Probably wasn't in a deficit then. Every human, barring some kind of medical condition, will lose weight in a large enough caloric deficit. Sounds like your carb cycling diet just happened to put you in a larger deficit.
storm95
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Only way you can lose fat ONLY on the stomach is via liposuction. People docleg day chest day etc is to BUILD muscle or shape muscle
kurro
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It's not possible to lose fat from one area. You have to lose overall body fat and to do this you have to go to a caloric deficit. You can also train your abs to make them more prominent.

When someone is hitting legs on a specific day, they are aiming to get their leg stronger, by doing leg workouts (squats, deadlifts, etc).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (7)
11.29%
Yes - a food allergy (5)
8.06%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (3)
4.84%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (4)
6.45%
No (43)
69.35%

Watched Threads