Been sarcastic with lecturer... Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi,

Whilst I was in sixth form I got on very well with my teachers and im a sarcastic person so joked around a lot and they understood me

Im at univeristy now and a few days back i made a sarcastic comment to one of my lecturers and she just stared at me looking all serious!!
(Never have i joked around with her or made a sarcastic comment to her again!)

I'm considered to be a very kind and caring person so now I feel guilty I didn't mean to hurt her or be rude!
I just have a good sense of humour and because I was comfortable with my teachers in school I didn't realise but used a similar sarcastic tone to my lecturer... feel guilty, since then haven't said anything sarcastic to her again!

It's not always bad to be sarcastic is it?
Like at sixth form everyone understood and teachers didn't look at me all serious like lecturer did!!

It upset me
ecolier
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
...It's not always bad to be sarcastic is it?...
No, in actual fact it's always good to be sarcastic. It's actually listed in the Guinness Sarcastic World Records Annals of 2006.

There, I was sarcastic, are you upset? Sorry if so.
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi,

Whilst I was in sixth form I got on very well with my teachers and im a sarcastic person so joked around a lot and they understood me

Im at univeristy now and a few days back i made a sarcastic comment to one of my lecturers and she just stared at me looking all serious!!

I'm considered to be a very kind and caring person so now I feel guilty I didn't mean to hurt her or be rude!
I just have a good sense of humour and because I was comfortable with my teachers in school I didn't realise but used a similar sarcastic tone to my lecturer... feel guilty, since then haven't said anything sarcastic to her again!

Like at sixth form everyone understood and teachers didn't look at me all serious like lecturer did!!

It upset me
Maybe a sensible person would only be sarcastic where they knew the other person would find it acceptable behaviour. Maybe your sense of humour isnt hers? Clearly you didnt check and now she thinks you are an idiot. Maybe go and apologise to clear up any misunderstanding.
ltsmith
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
don't worry about what other people think. some people are just standoffish and have no sense of humor.
Claire461
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi,

It upset me
You get away with a lot in school that you won’t get away with at uni. Now you know.
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Your lecturers aren't your school teachers. They have BDE and should be treated with respect.
ltsmith
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Notoriety)
Your lecturers aren't your school teachers. They have BDE and should be treated with respect.
big d*ck energy?

LOL
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ltsmith)
big d*ck energy?

LOL
Si, papi.
JohanGRK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
big d*ck energy?

LOL
You've never come across my commercial contracts teacher, then :3
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 999tigger)
Maybe a sensible person would only be sarcastic where they knew the other person would find it acceptable behaviour. Maybe your sense of humour isnt hers? Clearly you didnt check and now she thinks you are an idiot. Maybe go and apologise to clear up any misunderstanding.
The thing is I'm so use to being sarcastic I didn't realise at the time!!! I did apologize to het at the time when she just stared at me with a smirk on her face.
But I do still feel guilty. Its not like I was sarcastic to her deliberately like I was in school!

Thanks for the reply anyway!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Notoriety)
It was an accident, it wasn't deliberate and i didn't say anything that was disrespectful!
It just had a sarcastic tone to it.
I did apologize then and there. Just feel guilty.
Anonymous #1
don't worry about what other people think. some people are just standoffish and have no sense of humor.
Thank you!
I didn't mean to be rude, my sarcasm just came out accidentally.
I did apologize to her at the time. But just feel abit upset about it lol.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ecolier)
No, in actual fact it's always good to be sarcastic. It's actually listed in the Guinness Sarcastic World Records Annals of 2006.

There, I was sarcastic, are you upset? Sorry if so.
No it didn't upset me at all!
In fact you made me chuckle! Lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (72)
7.75%
I used to but I don't now (26)
2.8%
No, but I want to start (346)
37.24%
No, I am unable to (234)
25.19%
No, I chose not to (251)
27.02%