Hating Year 10 Watch

Luiz_Fro
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I am hating year 10 And life in general. School always sucks around this time but I'm losing energy and have barely any motivation anymore.

I'm still a very good student when it comes to Maths, history, English literature and maybe Biology or Chemistry. I can get good grades and I'm interested in the lesson.

However whenever I have a big piece of homework to do I procrastinate and just think about how unfair life is. I'd rather live my life as a teenager just doing what I want to do.

English language is probably the worst subject I've ever had. Same thing every lesson, PEE paragraph for paper x question 3737334, nothing interesting at all. I done think I have learnt anything but I don't find it easy it all, when I did a paper 1 exam a while back I did quite sh#t. I can't be bothered with that subject anymore and it's expectations. The teacher is quite irritating and has an annoying voice as well making it even worse.

I'm like 25th out of 30 in my physics set ranked despite having good notes and being focused in class. Once again I cannot bring myself to just educate myself at home as it's boring and I just wanna live my life.

My only hobbies nowadays is browse the Internet for videos and procrastinate about any piece of homework. It's especially tough when you have a long journey to school as well so you have to wake up early. I have tutor every Saturday for two hours as well. I know what I wanna do as hobbies - start riding my bike again, play the drums (however I cannot because of being forced to go to church, yay). I just wanna live life as a teenager but all this going on makes me stressed out and demotivated.

Jjuliavjohnson
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Set a schedule for your self so for example every subject of homework you do you give your self 15 minutes of watching YouTube or something to that extent. That’s what I do but you could also plan it out before hand saying I’ll spend 20 minutes on Spanish 40 on geometry and 10 on English then I’ll have 3 hours to do whatever I want. Hope that makes some sense but I have the same problem with procrastinating.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (50)
9.52%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.67%
No, but I want to start (189)
36%
No, I am unable to (122)
23.24%
No, I chose not to (150)
28.57%