Need to learn AS maths and A2 with new spec? Watch

bottledcages
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi!

I am self-learning Edexcel Maths and was wondering if I need to learn everything in the AS textbooks in order to sit the A2 exams?
Am I right in understanding that the AS exams don't actually count towards the A-level anymore?
dpksrk2015
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by bottledcages)
Hi!

I am self-learning Edexcel Maths and was wondering if I need to learn everything in the AS textbooks in order to sit the A2 exams?
Am I right in understanding that the AS exams don't actually count towards the A-level anymore?
You have to learn everything in those two big fat textbooks for pure and the same for stats and mechanics. You will sit two pure papers and 1 stats and mechanics paper, both will have A level written on the front of it. AS exams don’t count towards anything anymore in maths because it’s all mixed up and jumbled (the two pure papers are not separated by year 1 and year 2 so you have to know everything in the books for both of them)
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (69)
7.94%
I used to but I don't now (24)
2.76%