The Student Room Group

Do I fail an entire module if I failed one assignment?

I didn't do that well on one of my assignments and I am predicting a narrow fail. However, I did very well in another assignment. How are grades weighted to receive an overall module grade?
Original post by AnEvolvedApe
I didn't do that well on one of my assignments and I am predicting a narrow fail. However, I did very well in another assignment. How are grades weighted to receive an overall module grade?

It is down to the rules for your uni course and how the module is graded. Unis and courses differ. Some require you to pass all points whilst others merely require the aggregate average to be over 40%. You need to ask your department / tutor or course rep or look online for the rules relating to your degree and postrgrad scoring.
Original post by AnEvolvedApe

I'll assume you're a postgrad as you're posting in the PG forum.

Read your uni's academic regulations and course handbook, and speak to your course director if you're still not sure.

Honestly, you really shouldn't need to be asking us at this stage.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending