Do I fail an entire module if I failed one assignment?

Watch
AnEvolvedApe
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I didn't do that well on one of my assignments and I am predicting a narrow fail. However, I did very well in another assignment. How are grades weighted to receive an overall module grade?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AnEvolvedApe)
I didn't do that well on one of my assignments and I am predicting a narrow fail. However, I did very well in another assignment. How are grades weighted to receive an overall module grade?
It is down to the rules for your uni course and how the module is graded. Unis and courses differ. Some require you to pass all points whilst others merely require the aggregate average to be over 40%. You need to ask your department / tutor or course rep or look online for the rules relating to your degree and postrgrad scoring.
Duncan2012
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AnEvolvedApe)
I'll assume you're a postgrad as you're posting in the PG forum.

Read your uni's academic regulations and course handbook, and speak to your course director if you're still not sure.

Honestly, you really shouldn't need to be asking us at this stage.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (514)
33.64%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (633)
41.43%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.42%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (69)
4.52%

Watched Threads