Mitt1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi everyone

I need to do a poster on a tropical or arid feature OR hazard. I have decided to go with a hazard as I think there is more to talk about. Only problem I haven't a clue what hazard to pick. A lot of people are doing hurricanes but I don't want to do that too. Any other ideas?
username2088165
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Mitt1)
Hi everyone

I need to do a poster on a tropical or arid feature OR hazard. I have decided to go with a hazard as I think there is more to talk about. Only problem I haven't a clue what hazard to pick. A lot of people are doing hurricanes but I don't want to do that too. Any other ideas?
You could maybe do a hazard associated with hurricanes instead of hurricanes themselves (e.g. flooding/storm surges or tornadoes). For an arid environment you could pick flash flooding, I think that would be good as it seems a lot of people overlook the fact that flash flooding is a big risk in arid environments (you could use an example such as the flash flood in Antelope Canyon, Arizona, which killed 11 people in 1997)
Mitt1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Leviathan1741)
You could maybe do a hazard associated with hurricanes instead of hurricanes themselves (e.g. flooding/storm surges or tornadoes). For an arid environment you could pick flash flooding, I think that would be good as it seems a lot of people overlook the fact that flash flooding is a big risk in arid environments (you could use an example such as the flash flood in Antelope Canyon, Arizona, which killed 11 people in 1997)
Thanks for your help. I was thinking of also landslides as they can occur in both. I just fear they may be too 'physicsy' too talk about if you know what I mean.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (738)
33.92%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (929)
42.69%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (413)
18.98%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (96)
4.41%

Watched Threads