General tips to pass GCSE, got a 2 on my mock :/ Watch

martiimoves
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So I'm really not the school type, I've been kicked out of two schools for silly reasons but I accept all responsibility for them.
I have missed over a year of school time because of this and have spent 6 months studying an exam board that wasn't even the one I'm taking.
I think I am taking the AQA language and EdExcell literature, I need tips.

I used to be okay at all of this in my earlier years but it's my last year now and I just can't perform, thanks.
xAikx
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Well, easiest way to do it is focus on your more important and weaker subjects and make sure you can at least show your teacher you're trying and improving as this will reflect on the predicted grades they give you which is what colleges/sixth forms will look at until you get your actual GCSE grades.
Studying the correct exam board is probably a good idea also.
martiimoves
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by xAikx)
Well, easiest way to do it is focus on your more important and weaker subjects and make sure you can at least show your teacher you're trying and improving as this will reflect on the predicted grades they give you which is what colleges/sixth forms will look at until you get your actual GCSE grades.
Studying the correct exam board is probably a good idea also.
Ahahaha I have started studying the correct one now, I was studying the wrong one when I was in my second school since we don't use that one in my new school.
kazzykat95
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Do loads of past papers and try timing yourself as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (13)
5.58%
No (220)
94.42%

Watched Threads