Homeschooler into uni Watch

inaya4321
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi! I was just wondering if any other homeschoolers out there have gotten into a UK uni an untraditional way? eg. without GCSEs or A levels. And if you did, how did you do it, thank you!
sned hlep
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Homeschoolees usually do GCSEs & A-Levels.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by inaya4321)
Hi! I was just wondering if any other homeschoolers out there have gotten into a UK uni an untraditional way? eg. without GCSEs or A levels. And if you did, how did you do it, thank you!
Some universities put in their entry requirements if they are willing to accept students with 'non-traditional' backgrounds. However, you will still need to be able to prove that you have the knowledge and academic ability to succeed on the course you choose, which may not be straightforward if you don't have nationally recognised qualifications. Maybe contact the universities you're interested in for further advice, as they may have a process that they follow for applicants like yourself.
inaya4321
Rep:
?
(Original post by sned hlep)
Homeschoolees usually do GCSEs & A-Levels.
I know that they usually do, but in my case, I didn't. That's why I asked the question
inaya4321
Rep:
?
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
Some universities put in their entry requirements if they are willing to accept students with 'non-traditional' backgrounds. However, you will still need to be able to prove that you have the knowledge and academic ability to succeed on the course you choose, which may not be straightforward if you don't have nationally recognised qualifications. Maybe contact the universities you're interested in for further advice, as they may have a process that they follow for applicants like yourself.
Hi! Thank you, I think I will do that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (13)
5.58%
No (220)
94.42%

Watched Threads