Chris Brown arrested over rape claim in Paris Watch

shadowdweller
  • TSR Support Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
"US singer Chris Brown has been arrested in France following an accusation of rape.

Police officials in Paris have confirmed that the 29-year-old and two of his associates, including a bodyguard, have been detained as an investigation takes place.

Initial reports indicate that a 24-year-old woman has claimed Brown raped her on the 15 January after meeting him at a Parisian nightclub near the Champs-Élysées."

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-a8740166.html
Rock Fan
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by shadowdweller)
"US singer Chris Brown has been arrested in France following an accusation of rape.

Police officials in Paris have confirmed that the 29-year-old and two of his associates, including a bodyguard, have been detained as an investigation takes place.

Initial reports indicate that a 24-year-old woman has claimed Brown raped her on the 15 January after meeting him at a Parisian nightclub near the Champs-Élysées."

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-a8740166.html
I know it's always innocent until proven guilty, it wouldn't surprise me though as he is an utter thug and a horrible *******.
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Such a shame, it couldn't have happened to a nicer convicted domestic abuser.
BenK64
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
how this man still has a successful career is beyond me
DrMikeHuntHertz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Clearly he's innocent, unless you're racist?
YaliaV
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I
am
shocked
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
She went back to his room because she heard it had a nice view. Oh wait, I am jumping to conclusions off zero facts.

It is improper to judge either side; leave it to the courts.
Last edited by Notoriety; 4 weeks ago
Violet Femme
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Man with a history of violence including against women and known to have an anger problem gets accused of rape. Hmm....
I AM GROOT 1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
MQE99
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
There seems to be a "guilty until proven innocent" mentality here, especialy in regards to this guy.
Underscore__
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Violet Femme)
Man with a history of violence including against women and known to have an anger problem gets accused of rape. Hmm....
So because he was convicted of one crime you’re inclined to believe him guilty of any subsequent crimes he’s accused of? Even when the two crimes aren’t the same thing?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Violet Femme
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Underscore__)
So because he was convicted of one crime you’re inclined to believe him guilty of any subsequent crimes he’s accused of?
You need to work on your reading comprehension. At no point did I state that I'm inclined to believe he is guilty. However it comes as no surprise that someone who beats the crap out of the women he is in a relationship with goes on to be accused of sexual violence by someone else, in the same way that he has gone on to have multiple violent confrontations with other people.

Even when the two crimes aren’t the same thing?
You don't see a link between domestic violence and sexual abuse?

Important life advice for you: when it comes to relationships and sex, anyone with a history of domestic violence should be treated as a pariah. Avoid them, don't get involved with them, don't give them a chance.
Molseh
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
At least the Conor McGregor announcement will take the heat off Chris Brown soon
Underscore__
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Violet Femme)
You need to work on your reading comprehension. At no point did I state that I'm inclined to believe he is guilty. However it comes as no surprise that someone who beats the crap out of the women he is in a relationship with goes on to be accused of sexual violence by someone else, in the same way that he has gone on to have multiple violent confrontations with other people.

You don't see a link between domestic violence and sexual abuse?

Important life advice for you: when it comes to relationships and sex, anyone with a history of domestic violence should be treated as a pariah. Avoid them, don't get involved with them, don't give them a chance.
By saying it's no surprise someone who assaulted their girlfriend is accused of sexual assault you're inferring that you believe he is guilty, that's far from an unreasonable inference.

1. He was never found guilty of any domestic abuse charges. Even if you look beyond the plea deal domestic violence is usually characterised as a series or pattern of incidents rather than a one off.
2. No, I don't see why an accusation of sexual assault, made against someone who hit their girlfriend is any more credible. However if you have information that shows the two are linked I'm open to changing my mind.

'Avoid them' because of course nobody ever does anything they regret, nobody deserves a second chance and nobody ever changes.
MQE99
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
He's been released.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46957860
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (13)
5.58%
No (220)
94.42%

Watched Threads