English literature Watch

Venom112
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
So, for Igcse I'm think to take Dobble award science, Maths, English literature and English As Second Language, but I'am not sure about , thinking I shouldn't take English literature, because. it's very difficult, and we know most of the university in U.K want at least 5 IGCSE, so if i didn't pick English literature, it still is considered as 5 igcse or do I have to choose another subject.
entertainmyfaith
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
if you didn't take english lit wouldn't you be taking 4 gcses? english lit is manageable providing you put the effort in.
Venom112
Rep:
?
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
if you didn't take english lit wouldn't you be taking 4 gcses? english lit is manageable providing you put the effort in.
Hello. thank you so much, for your help, but what if I take another subject in place of English Lit??
entertainmyfaith
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Venom112)
Hello. thank you so much, for your help, but what if I take another subject in place of English Lit??
then that'd be 5 gcses
Venom112
Rep:
?
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
then that'd be 5 gcses
Thank you so much, I'm thinking to take History, and English as a Second Language if I take ESL, will it make a problem, if I apply for college in U.K??
entertainmyfaith
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Venom112)
Thank you so much, I'm thinking to take History, and English as a Second Language if I take ESL, will it make a problem, if I apply for college in U.K??
i don't think it should be, you'll need to contact colleges in the uk though for clarification over this. (obviously you'll need to be fairly proficient with english as a language)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Humanities; Department of Drama, Theatre and Performance; Department of Social Sciences; Department of English and Creative Writing Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (72)
7.74%
I used to but I don't now (26)
2.8%