LittleFlowrs
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'll be starting Geography at either Bournemouth or Winchester university September 2020 and need help in deciding what laptop to purchase and if I even need one for university.

Right now I have a Acer Chromebook 14 that I used for sixth form which satisfies my needs - I can easily do my Geography coursework using google drive, write up notes during class etc. But I was thinking that I may require something with considerably more power for university, if I'm correct, such as a PC laptop or even a newer Chromebook.

For you guys already at uni, what's your advice when it comes to laptops (best laptops, chromebook vs laptop etc)? I'll definitely have one for university as I see it as a 'must have' for obvious reasons, but my main problem is I can't decide whether I should just stick with a chromebook or 'invest' in a laptop.

Uses - streaming (netflix, youtube etc), essays and note taking
No gaming at all

No budget either but obviously won't spend a grand on a laptop to do things that a £300 can easily manage
Last edited by LittleFlowrs; 1 year ago
Duncan2012
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by LittleFlowrs)
I'll be starting Geography at either Bournemouth or Winchester university September 2020
Are you really asking us what technology to buy for something that's over a year and a half away?! Who knows what will be on the market by then.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (344)
34.64%
No (649)
65.36%

Watched Threads