French IRP help Watch

Beccae53
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi so for my IRP I have my title for what I'm going to do it on (The changing face of tourism in Ile de France and its impact on society) but I'm really confused as to what to put into the 2 minute presentation. My teacher said to not include anything relating to the headings later on so I don't know what stuff I actually need to include in it. If anybody could help and give some suggestions on what to include or how to structure it would be great.

Thanks
Anna Schoon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Beccae53)
Hi so for my IRP I have my title for what I'm going to do it on (The changing face of tourism in Ile de France and its impact on society) but I'm really confused as to what to put into the 2 minute presentation. My teacher said to not include anything relating to the headings later on so I don't know what stuff I actually need to include in it. If anybody could help and give some suggestions on what to include or how to structure it would be great.

Thanks
It is difficult to help you with this as you haven't told us what your heading are. But for the introduction I would suggest an overview of tourism today - total numbers (with perhaps a breakdown of percentage of French visitors vs foreigners and the top two or three foreign nationalities represented), and top sites visited. Also the importance of tourism for the local economy (a percentage figure would be ideal) and maybe also an idea of how much it costs the local economy to attract the tourists. Stick to the facts in this introduction.

Then you could go on (under your headings) to show how this picture has changed since so many years ago, and then talk about the trends for the future. And finally you could discuss the impact of tourism on society and, presumably also, what can be done to alleviate any negative impact.

Hope this gives you some ideas.
Beccae53
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
This has helped a lot thanks!
rlewa
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm doing mine on race in football in France and put in the intro the basics of what has happened, how race and football link together and an overview of some of the key debates involved. A couple of statistics and defining key terms.

I could be doing it entirely wrong though.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (124)
17.92%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (72)
10.4%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (119)
17.2%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (101)
14.6%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (67)
9.68%
How can I be the best version of myself? (209)
30.2%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed