What should my career be ? Watch

HANNAH_21
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
To sum up, I have to write an essay due in 2 days time about what I want to be when I am older and I have no idea. I am good at science maths English and PE but I cannot find an interesting career that suits me. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thx x
threeportdrift
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by HANNAH_21)
To sum up, I have to write an essay due in 2 days time about what I want to be when I am older and I have no idea. I am good at science maths English and PE but I cannot find an interesting career that suits me. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thx x
It's an essay, not a commitment to a lifetime of indentured servitude. Pick absolutely anything and just write about it, then forget it. Why make it harder by adding a career decision to an essay writing task.

Here you go - Professional Netball Coach
National Careers Service
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by HANNAH_21)

Thx x
Hi there,

If you're looking to get some ideas that are relevant to you and your future career you could give our Skills Health Check test a try. There's a careers match section which asks you about your passions, motivations, what you want from a job etc. and based upon the answers that you give it will match you to some career sectors - https://nationalcareersservice.direc...lth-check/home

You can then use our job profiles to start researching the careers in more depth and this should also help you write your essay. You can do this using our job profiles, we have over 800 job and career profiles which outline your salary, working hours and environment, day to day duties, qualifications and routes to train - https://nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/

I hope this helps you get started.

Thanks - Sophie.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (52)
13.1%
Yes - a food allergy (43)
10.83%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (11)
2.77%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
2.27%
No (282)
71.03%

Watched Threads