The Student Room Group

How to deal with exam stress

I am struggling to keep my head above water as the exams close in, everyone says ill be fine but i think ill be anything but. any advice for dealing with pressure and the huge want to succeed with little motivation.
heya, it's okay to feel like this as gcses are closing in- but you still have a good few months left!
don't overwork yourself- revision should be productive and done regularly but ensure you're having breaks too. you can only work for so long without lapsing in concentration. think about what you want to achieve; work towards your own goals and no one else's:smile:
a lot of pressure can be self inflicted so just remember gcses aren't the end of the world:nah: it's okay if you find them difficult and demotivating. you're not alone- but think of that nice long break you'll have after!!
Original post by epochabi
I am struggling to keep my head above water as the exams close in, everyone says ill be fine but i think ill be anything but. any advice for dealing with pressure and the huge want to succeed with little motivation.

Work hard, but....

Get organised and plan all aspects so you make max use of your time.

A consistent plan gives you a framework to cling to and reassures you that your efforts make sense.

Treat it as weekly and monthly targets.

Be consistent and as you build up over time then progress will give you confidence. You can give yourself mini tests with workbooks or exam papers.

My rules are: understand to do your best involves being in a good mental and physical state so dont burn out and look after yourself.

Practice exams and id where you lose marks, then correct.

Try your best so whatever the results you have a clear conscience.

Quick Reply

Latest