Revision tips for as level Watch

ErinaNakiri78
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I am in as level and I am taking biology chemistry psychology and maths. How can I revise effectively for all these instead of taking hours revising each subject and getting nowhere? I always try to revise a lot but it never helps so I want to know a good way to revise so the content stays in my head.

Thank you so much to anyone willing to give advice!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ErinaNakiri78)
I am in as level and I am taking biology chemistry psychology and maths. How can I revise effectively for all these instead of taking hours revising each subject and getting nowhere? I always try to revise a lot but it never helps so I want to know a good way to revise so the content stays in my head.

Thank you so much to anyone willing to give advice!
Consists of two phases:

1. Understanding which is making and understanding notes, supplemented with things like mind maps and flash cards.

Sounds like you are ready to move to :
2 recollection and application, which is really workbooks and practice exams. If you do it under timed conditions, then that forces you to recall what you know and apply it.

Mark you answers with mark schemes and see where you lose marks. Over time you get faster and easier with the material.

A halfway house will be things like CGP workbooks. More times you are challenged to recollect and apply, then do so then the deeper it will embed in your memory.

Keep the variety up. Where stuck then youtube offers some tutorials and a different way of learning.
ErinaNakiri78
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Consists of two phases:

1. Understanding which is making and understanding notes, supplemented with things like mind maps and flash cards.

Sounds like you are ready to move to :
2 recollection and application, which is really workbooks and practice exams. If you do it under timed conditions, then that forces you to recall what you know and apply it.

Mark you answers with mark schemes and see where you lose marks. Over time you get faster and easier with the material.

A halfway house will be things like CGP workbooks. More times you are challenged to recollect and apply, then do so then the deeper it will embed in your memory.

Keep the variety up. Where stuck then youtube offers some tutorials and a different way of learning.
Thank you so much for this advice! I am going to try it out
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (44)
12.12%
Yes - a food allergy (39)
10.74%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (11)
3.03%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
2.48%
No (260)
71.63%

Watched Threads