The Student Room Group
Reply 1
i'm in the same situation, my boyfriend is so much more social than me. all of my friends are his friends as well but he's friends with loads of people i don't know. it doesn't really bother me though, because i'm not at uni yet so i know that when i'll get there i'll meet loads of new people anyway. at the moment i prefer having a few close friends than lots of more distant friends.
It's not an issue that you should "worry" about. You should want to be happy with however many friends you have, and if you feel like you have fewer friends than you would like to have try to meet people. It shouldn't be about competing with your boyfriend though.

I have hardly any friends and my boyfriend has quite a lot, it doesn't bother me... not until I have spent too long tagging along with them because some of them really dislike me :rolleyes: some people!
Reply 3
its not a competition
It's only an issue if you make it one, he may have lots of friends but he's going out with you obviously because he likes you and wants to be with you.
Reply 5
Carlos The Villan
It's only an issue if you make it one, he may have lots of friends but he's going out with you obviously because he likes you and wants to be with you.

its not a competition

Yes to both of these.
Reply 6
Yeah, if you make it a competition then it's just going to be crap.
Reply 7
...that's a good thing. means you can go leech his friends.
Unless he's trying to form an army to rise up against you, then I think its no problem.
Reply 9
Anonymous
I really think he does. Its embarrassing and i hate it. is it normal to worry about this? please please dont de-anon

Rather childish, how about befriending his friends, then you can have a shared large number of friends? lool
Reply 10
I'm in the same situation, he's got loooaaaads of friends in our school, and I basically have one. It was a bit embarrassing at the beginning (him: 'I'd like to get to know your friends.' Me: 'But you already know her') but meh, whatever.:p:
Reply 11
noujazeg
I'm in the same situation, he's got loooaaaads of friends in our school, and I basically have one. It was a bit embarrassing at the beginning (him: 'I'd like to get to know your friends.' Me: 'But you already know her') but meh, whatever.:p:

Cute! :biggrin:

OP, I really don't think it's a problem, I'm sure your boyfriend doesn't either. But if it's really bothering you, you could always join a new society or some sort of club without your boyfriend & make new friends there.
Reply 12
Original post by Custer
Rather childish, how about befriending his friends, then you can have a shared large number of friends? lool

That's mean! Don't say that it is childish! A lot if people compare their lives with others and those of you who don't admit that are just in denial! Having friends ties along with your self worth for a lot of people and people tend to notice if they are well liked/well-received or not!
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by SueLove
That's mean! Don't say that it is childish! A lot if people compare their lives with others and those of you who don't admit that are just in denial! Having friends ties along with your self worth for a lot of people and people tend to notice if they are well liked/well-received or not!

That thread is 11 years ago.
Reply 14
Original post by Anonymous
That thread is 11 years ago. What is wrong with you people? :angry:

It is still relevant especially if you are experiencing the same thing or similar to it! It's not about chatting but letting the world know what you think! And ways to solve your problem! That's all!
Original post by SueLove
It is still relevant

no ur wrong please don't bump threads this old
Reply 16
Original post by HoldThisL
no ur wrong please don't bump threads this old just to tell an inactive user they're childish

Umm what the?! Just because you're not experiencing the same problem doesn't mean I'm wrong! Stop trying to start a flame war! What are you ten?!

Latest

Trending

Trending