Would you be happy with this birthday present?

Watch this thread
StormyOcean
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
It is my flatmates birthday soon so I am trying to decide what to get her. I really like buying books for people because they are lovely presents.

Firstly I am getting her Charles Darwin - Origin of Species because she is a biology student and likes animals. Then I am going to get her The Shock of The Fall by Nathan Filer because its my favourite book and I think she will like the story. Only issue is for one of them I have ordered a second hand copy that is good quality because a new version was out of my budget.

It said it was good condition. Will she be offended with a second hand present? I don't want to upset her on her birthday but I couldn't afford the new version If you can't tell I get quite stressed about whether I accidentally upset other people or not
nabilahhh
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
I doubt it. I wouldn’t mind and I’ll definitely understand the reason why you couldn’t buy a new one. It’s really the thought that counts tbh x
Don’t stress much x
Last edited by nabilahhh; 3 years ago
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Those sound like lovely, thoughtful presents. I'd be thrilled to receive anything like that.
username2393237
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
If it bothers her, then she’s not worth bothering about.
JustOneMoreThing
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
She studies Biology and you want to buy her a book about Biology for her birthday?
StormyOcean
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by bones-mccoy)
Those sound like lovely, thoughtful presents. I'd be thrilled to receive anything like that.
Thank you

(Original post by YaliaV)
If it bothers her, then she’s not worth bothering about.
I guess you are right. I only know her because we are in the same flat. She seems quite posh as always gets new stuff so I guess I am worried but you are right, if she doesn’t like it then I will just move on.

(Original post by TheNamesBond.)
She studies Biology and you want to buy her a book about Biology for her birthday?
Darwin’s book is amazing and everyone should read it not just biology students. I know she hasn’t read it and she likes the subject so I thought it was a good idea. Maybe not ...
username1339858_
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
The only reason I'd be upset is because I don't like receiving birthday presents. And I don't like Darwin.
londonmyst
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I'm always happy to receive books as gifts.
I prefer used copies, environmentally friendly and cost less.
doodle_333
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
sounds great if she's offended she has the problem!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (38)
26.21%
As I expected (47)
32.41%
Harder (53)
36.55%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.83%

Watched Threads