z33z
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey guys, I'm really struggling about whether I should take Philosophy or Politics. I love learning about Philosophy but I am worried about struggling due to the low national marks within AQA Philosophy for the past few years.

I'm definitely doing computer science and history and would like to keep my options open since I'm unsure of what I want to do.

How did you find Philosophy and do you think the revision will be overwhelming with a content heavy subject like history?
Evil Homer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by z33z)
Hey guys, I'm really struggling about whether I should take Philosophy or Politics. I love learning about Philosophy but I am worried about struggling due to the low national marks within AQA Philosophy for the past few years.

I'm definitely doing computer science and history and would like to keep my options open since I'm unsure of what I want to do.

How did you find Philosophy and do you think the revision will be overwhelming with a content heavy subject like history?
Hi! I studied both History and Philosophy at A-level although it was a few years ago so they were still modular back in my day 😂

The one thing I think I can add to this though is that the revision you have to do for Philosophy is somewhat different to a content heavy subject like History.

Philosophy revision will most likely center around essay writing techniques and building perfect arguments. Obviously you have to get the basic philosophical theories and thinkers down, but the majority of the work is in the skill of building arguments, analysis and conclusions.

I did both and for what it’s worth I think they complemented each other really well. But that’s just what worked for me!

Hope this helped, I’m happy to answer any questions you have about the subjects in general.
z33z
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Evil Homer)
Hi! I studied both History and Philosophy at A-level although it was a few years ago so they were still modular back in my day 😂

The one thing I think I can add to this though is that the revision you have to do for Philosophy is somewhat different to a content heavy subject like History.

Philosophy revision will most likely center around essay writing techniques and building perfect arguments. Obviously you have to get the basic philosophical theories and thinkers down, but the majority of the work is in the skill of building arguments, analysis and conclusions.

I did both and for what it’s worth I think they complemented each other really well. But that’s just what worked for me!

Hope this helped, I’m happy to answer any questions you have about the subjects in general.
Hi!
Thank you for your response, in general how difficult did you find the content of Philosophy to grasp and really understand. Or was it quite simple after some research and help from other sources.
Also how much did you roughly spend on revising both Philosophy and History in general.

Thank you so much in advance!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (325)
56.03%
I don't have everything I need (255)
43.97%

Watched Threads